Chapter 18

Chapter 18

" You sure that you don't want something to drink?" Matt asked as he cleaned the counter and I shook my head. " Why are you here anyway?"

Before I could answer, the door opened and April Young appeared asking if we had seen Rebekah, something of which I laughed at. " Sorry" She told me but I waved her off before she started talking to Matt about their non-existent relationship. I started searching for my headphones but was stopped when I heard April let out a gasp. "  What going on?" I asked turning toward them but when there was no response I started to panic." Guys?"

" Everything's alright Izzy." I heard Matt tell me

" Oh don't lie to the poor girl." Some guy said and I frowned when he started yelling at April and Matt to sit down. " You move and I will shoot you." He yelled at me and I flinched. He started questioning us about what we knew. I heard a crash and after a few minutes he told Matt and April to move to the storage room in the back, while he dragged me over to a certain spot a few feet from the counter. " If your smart, you won't move" He told me and my eyes widened when I heard the beeping underneath me.

Footsteps sounded outside and he ushered Jeremy behind the counter as someone came in. A few minutes I heard an explosion a few feet away and my stomach churned when I heard the bang of a gun shot along with something hitting the floor. More gunshots rand out and I squeezed my eyes shut in fear before I heard Stefan trying to negotiate with the hunter. Elena ran in to try and help but it only made him angrier before he suddenly shot Jeremy. Elena tackled him to the ground while Stefan pulled me and Jeremy to safety as the bomb at my feet went off.

*******

I sat in the living room of the apartment listening to my radio when a knock sounded on the door. I let out a sigh before walking over to it." Who's there?" I called out.

" Forgotten me already have you, Sweetheart?" A voice asked from the other side and I rolled my eyes." I'm not inviting you in so you can forget it, this apartment was left to me so you couldn't get to me, now go away."

" If you think a door is going to stop me from getting to you, then apparently you need a refresher on how exactly I killed your parents when they didn't give me what I wanted."

" Threaten me all you like, I'm not coming out" I snapped before I made my way back over to my radio but as I went to turn the volume back up, I heard a crash. " I was just be polite" Klaus told me before I heard him walk toward me. " You may be the current owner of this house but encase you have forgotten, you've already invited me in, Sweetheart." He snapped and I rolled my eyes before I plopped down on the sofa.

" I know you didn't just come over to say hello, what do you want?" I questioned

" You were attacked, I wanted to see if you were alright"

" Well I'm fine, so you can go."

" Did I do something to upset you?"

" I just want to be left alone, right now."

I felt him try and take my hand but I moved away before he could. " Aislinn-"

" I was nearly blown up yesterday Klaus, so forgive me if I want a moment to myself." I snapped. " Now please, just go away and leave me alone." I whispered pulling my knees up to my chin and after a second I heard him leave.