Chapter Fifteen

BEFORE YOU READ: The setting has changed in the beginning. So, in No Point of View, it'll be a few high school kids (wink, wink) talking and doing mischief; NOT Carter and Harry (yet). :)
___________________________________

[No Point of View]

"I dare you to. . ." His friend trailed, tapping his finger on the beer can he had been holding in his hand. He searched around the bonfire, trying not to get distracted by all of the slutty girls surrounding him. He suddenly got the idea, and turned towards his blonde friend. Smirking, he finally spoke up. "Niall, I dare you to go to that tunnel. The one where Carter Hill was last seen before she disappeared on the fucking face of this Earth."

Niall's eyes slightly widened after he took a swig of the last remaining alcoholic liquid in his can. "You're serious about this?" He asked in a quiet voice.

"Yeah, I am. But, that's unless you're too big of a pussy to go in!" His friend laughed, slurring half of his words in his drunken state.

"Nah, man. You're just drunk-"

"Am I hearing correctly? Is Niall Horan, captain of the fucking football varsity team, chickening out on a dare?" His other friend gawked at him as everyone all around the bonfire laughed. Niall threw his empty can on the ground in anger. He slowly stood up and shrugged.

"You dickheads gonna come or what?" He snapped, watching as everyone smiled and eagerly raised to their feet.

"I knew you had it in you, big boy!" His friend ruffled his blonde hair and gave him a hard pat on the back.

"Whatever," Niall mumbled, an uneasy feeling starting to arise in the pit of his stomach. He wasn't the one to back down from a dare or look weak. He was doing this to prove an idiotic point. Ever since he joined the football team, his popularity had risen. Nothing, not even an inhumanly monster in that creepy tunnel, was going to make him back down and risk the chance of losing all that he had left of his dull life.

They abandoned the bonfire minutes ago, walking on the trail that lead to the dark tunnel. "I bet that Carter chick turned into a brain eating zombie," A drunk jock laughed to himself at the stupid thought.

"What the hell? Zombies don't even exist, you idiot!" Someone-actually sober-slapped the drunkard upside his head. Niall would have laughed, but he stayed silent, thinking about the possible things living inside the tunnel. What actually happened to her? Rumors around town said she was eaten alive. But others suggest it had to do with the missing cops-as of the car they had brought along-and the group of men who had just made it to the news yesterday morning.

"Niall? You going in?"

He snapped out of his deep thoughts, realizing the group was way ahead of him, standing a few feet away from the tunnel. "Uh. . ." He quickly cleared his throat and cautiously walked towards them. "Yeah, of course I am."

"Then what are you waiting for!" Everyone watched in excitement.

"Fuck this shit, ya know! This is old school, man. Why not something like keying principle Huffner's car?" Niall turned to face them, not really ready to step foot inside the tunnel. They stared at him, a few trying to hold in their laughter.

"C'mon, you already did that to our bitchy math teacher last year! Just fucking go in, yell Bloody Mary and get the hell out!"

Bloody Mary? He thought. They never dared me to say that. He sighed and tried to mentally calm himself as he approached the tunnel and took a small step inside. He pulled out his iPhone and turned on the flash. As he walked further in, he became more aware of his eerie surroundings.