Soulmates

before you read: this one-shot is in (Y/N)'s 1st person POV. this is my first attempt at doing a one-shot in 1st person, so let me know if you like it. if you guys like when I do 1st person POV, let me know and I will do it more. if not, I'll just stick to 2nd person.

~ ~ ~

(Y/N)'s POV

You know when you have a dream about someone and you feel like you can never look at them the same again? Not a wet dream or anything like that, just a romantic one. Well, that's kind of exactly what happened.

(C/N) was a nice boy. Well, actually, not really. He was kind of a douche bag to be honest. He was nice to me, but I hadn't really talked to him that many times. I didn't even think he was that cute. Yes, he was kind of attractive and not bad-looking, but he never really stood out to me. He just seemed like another one of those 'popular' fuckboys. But that's not what he really was.

(C/N)'s POV

Never had I ever thought about (Y/N) (Y/L/N) before I had this dumb dream about her. Actually, that's a lie. Yes I had. But those were only fantasies! I didn't actually like her, I just wanted to bang her. That sounds bad, but I'm a guy. All guys are like this. But now, since I had this dream, she's all that I can think about. I can't tell anyone about this, because all of them will laugh at me. Everyone thinks I'm just a fuckboy, but that's not true. I was just bored because I didn't have feelings for anyone. But now, I'm not so sure about that...

(Y/N)'s POV

I couldn't have had this dream at a more inconvenient time. It's the last day of school, which means it's my last day with (C/N), which means I won't see him again until next year! Maybe I'll have classes with him next year, but knowing my luck, I doubt it. What's even more sad is that I won't even talk to him today. That's no surprise, because I never really talk to him anyway, but it still makes me sad. The closest romantic (if you can even call it that) encounter I've ever had with him was one time I was picking up the warm-up papers from the table and then I turned around and tripped, which made me fall into him. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now that I think about it, it's actually really cute. I'd say we're "meant to be" or something dumb like that, but I don't really believe in that kind of stuff.

I walked into the classroom, and was surprised to see (C/N) standing by my desk.

"Um, hi (C/N)," I said. 

I've read a lot of romance books on Wattpad, and in most of them, the girl is supposed to be shy and quiet and wait for the guy to talk to her, but not me. I'm way too impatient for that.  They're just boys. They're people too.

"Hey (Y/N)," (C/N) said. "So um, I'm not usually the type of guy to be like this, and I um... don't know how to say this, and I know it's the last day of school, but I was wondering if you would maybe like to hang out this summer?"

I looked at him, taking it what happened.

He must have noticed my silence, because he quickly added, "It's fine if you say no, I know I kinda have a bad rep for being a fuckboy, but I promise I'm not really like that and I won't get mad if you don't wanna hang out-"

I smiled, cutting him off. "-I'd love to hang out with you, (C/N)."

"Really?"

I nodded my head.

"Wow, um... great!

I cannot believe that just happened. Maybe we are meant to be after all...

~ 2 Months Later ~

I basically spent my whole summer with (C/N). Not that I mind, because I think that I might be in love with him... 

It's weird because all of this happened from a stupid dream I had 2 months ago. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before, and to be honest, it's really romantic. It's also really really weird. I don't really care how it happened though, because now I'm dating the most wonderful boy I've ever met. Oh yeah, we're dating, if I didn't mention.

"What are you smiling about?"

I looked over at (C/N). His eyes looked beautiful under the light of the stars and the darkness of the sky. 

"I'm just thinking about how all this happened," I said, looking back up at the stars. "You know, it's really weird. On the night before the last day of school, I had this dream about you. I don't even remember what the dream was about, but I think that we were dating in it. I was so confused after that, because I never really thought about you before I had that dream. I just thought you were another popular fuckboy kid. Clearly, I was wrong. But I'm so glad that I had that dream, because if I hadn't, we wouldn't be here."

"That's so weird," he said. "That exact same thing happened to me. I had a dream about you on the night before the last day of school. It was weird because that never happened to me with a girl before. I asked you if you wanted to hang out with me over the summer, because I thought that if I didn't do that, I would lose the only chance I had with you."

"It's funny how some things turn out, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

A few moments pass by, and then (C/N) spoke up.

"Hey (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think soulmates exist?"

"I don't really know, maybe. Why?"

"Because I think I've just found mine."