Chapter 2: Secrets

Chapter Two

Secrets

A/N: Heyyy! I am so sorry about the long upload time since the first chapter. I've been super busy with college and I also had a writers block lately. I have to inform you guys that I might not be able to write as often I would like to, since I have to focus on my studies.

Please vote, fan, comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RE-CAP

There's something about him that made me want to trust him, but my mind was telling me otherwise. I thought about it for a few seconds and I decided that I should trust him for now. “What are you talking about? And who the hell are you?” I asked the stranger. His hands were now stuck in the pockets of his overcoat. “My name is Ian. Ian Hunter.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He offered his hand to me; I took it and got on my feet, shaking the dust off my clothes. Ian stared at me in silence and leaned against the wall. He folded his arms across his chest as if he was waiting for me to break the silence. I swallowed hard.

His dark gaze was starting to get on my nerves and it felt like he was burning a hole in my forehead. I took a deep breath and managed to open my mouth. “Mr. Hunter, please explain to me what in the world is going right now.” I really wanted to stomp my foot, but I figured that would make me look childish, so instead I settled for just crossing my arms and glaring at him.

“Alright, I know this sounds crazy, but remember the earthquake from last night? Well, it wasn’t just any normal earthquake. It was caused by this dark evil king, we call him Darkness since nobody knows his real name."Ian took a deep breath, before he continued on."Centuries ago, before you were born, Darkness tried to kill our king, King Zadir, because he wanted the power to rule the world. However, he was defeated, and escaped. Now he's back and wants revenge. He needs to be stopped and that's why I am here. I need your help to destroy him once and for all. You're the only one who can help me. ”

“Wh-What?” I stammered, shocked. “How'd you know about this?”

Ian chuckled. “I have a friend who used to know Darkness, and he wants me to find the three girls who will be able to exterminate Darkness. You, my friend, are one of those three.”

For a split second, my body froze. For the first time in my life I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. My mind was filled with unanswered questions, and it was a miracle I was able to ask him, “How'd you know about me? How'd you find me? And how am I going to find the other girls?”

He looked amused, “Whoa, there. Take it easy; one at a time, sweetie. Well, we've been watching you for years, since you were born. It wasn't that hard to find you compared the rest of the girls. We have our sources. However, Darkness killed them before we got the chance to find the other girls. For your last question, the answer is I don't know. That's what we have to figure out.”

“You’ve been stalking me?” I blurted. I had my mouth hanging open, and I quickly shut it. What on earth was he saying, was he really expecting me to do all of the hard work with finding the girls and rescue the entire world?

I looked at Ian's face, and he just chuckled like this whole situation was amusing and funny to him. I wasn't even sure if I'm capable to do this kind of mission by myself. The world is depending on me.

“You're not alone, Jasmine. I'm here to train and guide you when you need help,” Ian told me, as if he could read my mind. I sighed in relief and rolled my eyes. 

“Fine, whatever.”

Ian seemed satisfied with my reaction, and a huge smirk covered his face, as he informed me, “That's awesome! Because your training starts tomorrow after school.”

I groaned inside when I realized that he was being serious. You’ve got to be kidding me. I frowned grumpily. All I wanted right then was to go to my house and sleep on my own bed. But I knew I had a serious mission to do, so I nodded and allowed Ian to lead me out of the empty, dark room to a bedroom.

"This is your room now." As he was about to leave, he stopped and turned around to look at me "Don't worry about your parents. They are safe." I sighed in relief. Thank God. Then he walked out of the room, so I decided to get a good night’s sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *Flashback*

I could feel the heat surrounding me. All I could see was a lot of smoke. Mom was gone. As I started to push my way through the smoke to get out of my room. I saw my dad running towards me and lifted me up.

I screamed for my mother as dad just held onto me tighter. I didn’t understand. What was going on? I could hear the fire trucks, police cars and ambulances down the street.

The whole neighborhood was lined up on the sidewalk across the street. All off them holding each other, crying, or they had their hands over their mouths in sheer disbelief. I made it to the front door when the firefighters grabbed me and went out of the house.

I laid in the front lawn, crying, until I sat up and saw a familiar face. It was mom. I jumped up and ran to her. Breaking down in her arms, I cried my soul to ease. I saw my dad in tears. As my mom and dad held each other tight in the front yard, my dad just kept apologizing over and over.

My dad dropped his face down into his hands as if a piece of him died. He shook his head back and forth and just repeated, "No, no, no." I didn’t understand why he beating himself up as if he had something to with it.

I walked over to him, sobbing and eyes full of tears, and  asked, “What’s going on Dad? What’s wrong?” 

He replied, “It’s my fault,” as he held me and apologized again. "I should've watched over you. I'm so sorry, baby girl.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*End of flashback*

I bolted up in bed, one hand wrapped in my sheets. I struggled to keep myself awake and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. The dream last night... something about a fire...a house burning down... my parents crying...a girl….Was that me? I couldn't remember ever being in a fire. What's going on? 

A bang at the bedroom door made me jump.

"Jasmine!" Ian’s deep voice yelled. "Wake up! You have school today, remember? I'm not supposed to wake you up. I'm your trainer, not your babysitter, not your dad." God, he's annoying.

Half an hour later, I was in the bathroom, getting ready for school. I pulled the sides of my hair back in clips, glanced in the mirror, and shuddered. Ugh, the style made me look like a twelve year old. I tried doing a ponytail. Not bad.

"Jasmine!" The door shuddered under Ian's meaty fist. "Hurry up! You are taking way too long."

As I brushed my teeth, my mind started to wander... into a place I'd rather not visit. So I called in my best defense: turn it all into a movie. But what genre would it be? Horror? Or psychological suspense? Maybe action with a combination of elements, surprising the viewers with-

"Are you done yet?" a voice whispered into my ear. I rolled my eyes. 

"Ian, seriously? Give me some privacy here.”

Ian sighed and shook his head. "Alright. Well, I bought you a backpack and I'll be outside waiting. You can find your way out by yourself."

After a few minutes getting ready, I grabbed my backpack from the bed and threw the door open. It didn't take too long before we arrived at my school. It probably took like 5 minutes, tops, from Ian's house to the school.

Before I got off the car, Ian leaned toward me and smirked. "So, I'm picking you up after school. Then we will begin your training and plan our mission as soon possible." I shook my head and ran to catch up with the rest of the students.