Chapter 53

15 days later......

Erica

Ethan and me just returned from our fifteen days honeymoon to Venice. It was pure bliss there. We enjoyed every moment during our stay. Be it watching the sunset or dining by the canal or visiting sights, everything was etched into my memory forever. We thoroughly enjoyed each others company. I also did a lot of shopping for myself and Ethan and our friends. Days were filled with romantic moments holding each other's hands and nights with lots and lots of lovemaking. Ethan was a complete gentleman during the day, feeding me the breakfast in bed and pampered me like a baby. But when the nights rolled in he would be like a caveman. I got to see the hungry and wild side of him and I absolutely loved it.

So needless to say when we returned I was very much upset to blast our bubble. The honeymoon period was over. But my sulky mood vanished the moment, when a few days ago I observed my tummy bloated a bit. I screamed seeing myself in the mirror and Ethan quickly rushed to my side. I showed him my stomach and he had just smiled and kissed me soundly on the lips. It had probably meant nothing to him and he may not have shared the same joy as me but to me it was a proud moment. I could feel the changes in my body and I wasn't a  slight bit worried about my increasing weight or that my clothes were a bit too tight on me now. If anything I felt happy.

"What are you thinking about?" Ethan asked as I was knitting a sweater with blue yarn.

"Nothing." I replied and continued knitting.

"Wait, is that a yarn? You know how to do it?" He asked surprised.

"Yes, my baby will wear when he'll be a little older." I replied with a smile on my face.

"Blue, eh? What if we get two girls? They won't like a blue one."

"Don't worry, I have a pink yarn too. Once I finish this one, I'll start the other color."

"Wow, I didn't know your domestic skills were so good. They'll be lucky to have you as their mother." Ethan said patting my tummy. Round tummy.

"And you as their Daddy." I replied. "I think we should start decorating their rooms."

"Of course, but you don't have to worry about that. I'll take care of everything. There's a surprise for you when our babies come into this world." Ethan said.

"Surprise? What surprise?"

"It won't be a surprise if I told you just yet. Be patient. Now, how about you get ready and we go for a sonography?" He said.

Oh right! Today was our appointment day for my check up. I was excited to see their progress. So I got ready quickly and we headed to my doctor. The test were normal and the doctor assured us that our babies were healthy. The doctor asked us whether we wanted to know the gender. I looked at Ethan at the same time he looked at me and we both replied,

"Yes."

The doctor did an ultrasound on me and told us that within two day she'll give us the reports. I went back home with a bright smile on my face. It was natural for both of us to be excited about the whole process because it was our first child.

******

I took out my clothes from the closet and headed to bathroom to take a nice bubble bath. I could pamper myself and take extra care of my skin now that it was turning drier every day.

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked while he was working on the laptop in our room.

"Just taking a bath." I replied. He immediately got out of the bed.