chapter one - "219 years ago" edited

Jace's pov

"Jace?" A little voice said, bringing him out of his stupor.

He turned around, only to see Tommy, the youngest among the children who were assembled undergroundof the pack house, waiting for anyone to lead them out to safety.

Tommy wasn't a warrior like himself, he was the son  of the royal pack's alpha.

"I'm scared," the six year-old said through quivering lips.

"Don't be, everything's going to be fine, you'll see. Our dads are the strongest wolves ever, they'll beat the vampires" Jace tried to sound brave, tried to encourage the scared little boy, but his words fell upon deaf ears, the boy too overcome with fear to decipher anything. 

"What are we going to do? Will mommy and daddy and sissy be all right? Are we going to di-" Jace grabbed the boy's trembling hands, bringing his little rant to an end.

"I don't know Tommy, but don't speak like that. I have no idea of what will happen, if we are winning or losing or if everyone's alright, but one thing i do know is that we should stay strong for them all" he said looking Tommy in the eyes, trying to look confident.

After all, he too was a kid,  ten years of age.

What could he possibly know about war and it's horrors, plans of escape or what could happen next?

His father was his hero, the strongest man on earth, his role model, everything Jace dreamed to ever be.

Remembering his father gave him some courage, for he remembered that he was the future alpha of the second strongest pack, the Silver Claw Warrior Pack, after the Royal Pack.

Suddenly, he was startled back to the present by screams the of war erupting from the front of the pack house.

Jace knew one thing was sure, that they were losing and the vampires were winning.

Terror gripped his little heart.

His young mind started imagining how they may look like.

His father had described them to him once, after Jace desperately begged him to take him with him at the next hunt.

How foolish he was to believe that he was man enough to hunt those beasts down.

It was proved at that moment as he stood frozen, his legs shaking and heart hammering, just by the mere thought of them attacking.

They were hideous he had said, with deranged faces, black filthy clothes and a scent so awful that you could probably smell from miles away, like burned skin.

Others looked normal, his father had said, the only thing giving them away was the scent, apparently some were too far gone than others. 

He was also told that they were cunning and merciless.

They loved wolf blood, they lived on it and the more they drank, the more powerful they become, as warrior and royal blood held power unlike other civilian wolves.

He was suddenly pulled out of his thoughts by a horrifying 'boom'.

Everything went in slow motion from there.

Fire was everywhere, pups were screaming, mothers were running like crazy trying to find their pups, mates protecting each other, others hugging trying to give their loved ones courage and others mourning the loss of their beloved.

Just as he was starting to get a grip of himself, his nose picked up a hideous smell.

He knew that they were close, that they were in the pack house.

Tommy's grip tightened , stucking by Jace's side unconsciously seeking a future alpha's protection, that was when something clicked in him.

The fear never vanished but his alpha instincts were stronger.

He remembered his father's words when Jace had asked him how could he be so strong, so brave.

His father had smiled and layed a hand on Jace's shoulder saying, ''You can never defeat a man who fights for a cause, who fights to defend his country, his lands, his family and loved ones, cause that's the only time a man can be strong and void of fear''.

He looked around him realizing he had to help pack mates to escape, he had to protect them.

He saw his mother running towards him and he did the same.

He was ecstatic to see that she was alive.

When he was close enough to  take a proper look at her , he recoiled.

He saw her ripped clothes, he saw a slash running down her arm probably caused by a sword or a spear and she was covered in blood.

She hugged him so tight , it felt like she would break his bones, but he cared not, his mother was alive and that was all that mattered.

Then she grabbed his face with both her fingers forcing him to look her in the eyes saying,

"The Royals are falling in the north, they are facing Damon, the king of the vampires himself. Take the pups and go to the place I had shown you. Run and never look back. Close the gates and do not open them till you hear a pack member's voice. MOVE!" she screamed, pushing him but he remained rooted in his place.

"But what about my sister, she's at the Royal Pack with dad. What will happen to them? And I want to fight with yo-"

He never got to finish, cause his mother hugged him again, tears rolling down her cheeks,

"Pray son. Pray for your sister and father to come back safely. Pray that the wolves here and there hold, now GO! YOU MUST, it is your duty as an alpha's son".

And so he did.

He turned around to see the brothers Tommy and Mark, close friends of his and sons of the royal alpha already holding hands seeking comfort and courage from each other a look of determination in their eyes.

He saw his best friend and his father's beta's son, Dante standing close to Jace waiting for his command.

They locked eyes and knew exactly what the other was thinking.

They assembled the pups and ran.

-----------------------------------

Picture of Jace to the right

So what do you think

please comment telling me your honest opinion