Chapter 60: Someone Else

"Everyone, hurry to the escape ship. We're setting sail!" smiled Nami.

"Good job, Straw Hat-san!" a voice yelled in a Den-Den Mushi.

"YOU IDIOTS, EVERYONE'LL BE ABLE TO HEAR US!"

"It's fine, they need to know! ANIKI!!!!"

Multiple voices cried in the background, loud cheers resonating around the small tower as the Marines gazed around, confused.

"We already made'em think we died while we ran away..." barked Paulie.

"Stupid, don't push! We're gonna fall!"

"The rope's gonna break!"

"Idiots, Galley-La rope won't break! Geez, I thought I'd told you all to stay quiet..."

"We're all okay!" continued Zambai.

"The giants took all the blows for us!" added Kiwi. "Sodom and Gomorrah are okay too!"

"Well, they survived in the end" you shrugged. "Less corpses to take care of "

"We can't stay here anymore. If we do, the battleships'll come. Hurry and get out of here!" said Paulie.

"We have an escape plan, we'll be fine! We'll all survive this and meet again soon!"

"You guys!! You idiots!! You think I'd worry about you?" sobbed Franky, waterfalls falling. "Stupid....Those idiots....That's great, that's great...I'm so glad!!"

"Stop crying already!" you snarled as Robin helped you to stand up. "You're so annoying, Realm of God!"

The Marines continued their assault, and the others hit back by attacking mercilessly. Luffy has yet to make an appearance, still stuck in the other tower.

"Don't take your eyes off of Straw Hat Luffy in the first tower!" ordered one of the Lieutenant Commanders.

"Y-yes, but...The pirate Straw Hat Luffy...Appears to be heavily wounded! He still hasn't moved from that spot!"

"What?" cut Zoro, his eyes widening while your comrades stopped what they were doing.

"We'll bring the ship over to where Luffy is! Everyone, hurry and get on board!" decided Nami.

On cue, the convoy ship you were planning to escape with exploded, fire engulfing it. Nami's head did a slow turn in direction of the ship, eyes wide in dread.