Chapter 31: Breakfast

Sarah's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to my phone buzzing on the bedside table. I squinted at the screen. Lily. Oh my god! Lily! She doesn't know I'm staying here until this vacation is over. I answered the call. "Hello."

"Where the hell are you woman?" She screamed through the phone.

"I'm at Keith's."

"You got kidnapped? How dare he? What did that asshole do to you?"

"Jeez, Lil. Calm down, will you? I'm alright and no, I wasn't kidnapped." I reassured her while my entire body was shaking with laughter at the thought of being kidnapped by him although it was a complete possibility.

I narrated everything that happened since I left her apartment that night. She intervened when I mentioned seeing him with another girl that night.

"What the f*ck?" She exclaimed.

"I know... There's nothing I can do about that. He's not mine. He never was."

"I don't care, Sarah. Get out of there." "You don't deserve that pig." She said exasperatedly.

"Lil, I can't." I said.

"Why not, woman?" "Please don't tell me it's because you still love him."

"No, there's no point in loving him anymore. I've given up." "I'm still here because of his parents."

"Okay. Explain why before I kill you through the phone." She threatened me.

"Okay, so that night I passed out-"

"Oh my god, are you okay now?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Listen, the next day I wake up in of the spare bedrooms, I go downstairs and I see his parents waiting for me. They came to ask us to join them on a vacation this summer."

"What? Seriously? Why can't you just tell them that it's over between you and Keith?" she whined.

"Lil, you know I can't do that." "You know what? I am fucking too sensitive, alright. I know! I just can't be inconsiderate of the feelings of those who never have and never would hurt me." "I'm not Keith. He can hurt whoever he wants but I'm not going to hurt his parents, who've loved me as much as my own since I was a child."

"Okay okay, geez, calm down. Just promise me that you will NOT let him hurt you."

"I promise. The minute he does, I walk away leaving him to answer his parents questions."

"Atta girl." She said.

"Don't worry about me." I consoled her.

"Oh shit! I'm late for work! Okay, Sar, I gotta go! Remember, kick that piece of shit you know where, if he ever raises his hands against you. Bye. Love you." She said in a rush and hung up.

I fell back on bed smiling. Always feels good to talk to your bestie. I didn't want to get up. I wanted to curl into a ball and fall asleep again but the sun was blazing the room with light. I groaned and made my way to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, hair and couldn't bother changing my shorts and flannel shirt that I'd taken from the clothes which I never bothered to repossess from this house when I left it, to sleep in. I was starving, my stomach was rumbling like a million earthquakes. I ran downstairs to the kitchen to make myself a good old fashioned breakfast of bacon and eggs when I was hit by the most amazing smell on the planet that lift my feet off the ground. Wow! I said to myself. Keith must have hired a cook.

I walked over to the kitchen and couldn't believe what I saw. I had to rub my eyes and look again to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Keith was in the kitchen shaking the frying pan with something sizzling on it which surely smelled like bacon. He could make breakfast? I've never seen him cook. Ever. Well, I haven't seen him do much since he always wanted to be left alone.

If he's done I can make my own breakfast, I thought to myself. I'll come back later. I was about to turn around and go back to the room when he said, "Hey, good morning."

I froze. Why? Why can't he just let me be? This goddamn vacation! The sooner we go, the sooner I get to leave him instead of facing mental torture every day.

"Morning." I mumbled back.

My blue eyes locked with his grey ones. I looked away immediately before the walls I built crumble back down. I'm tired of getting hurt by looking into those endless depths of grey where there's no love, not for me anyway.

He told me to take a seat and I did. He set down a plate for me. I was absolutely stunned. Me? Breakfast for me? It was exactly what I had hoped to have, bacon and eggs. My mouth started to water instantly by just looking at it. I didn't rethink why he would make breakfast for me. I just started to eat. Yum! I had to control myself or else I was sure to make some noise, appreciating the breakfast. I didn't want to embarrass myself. I suddenly felt two eyes studying me as I ate. I looked up at him to meet his gaze and he averted his eyes and focused on his plate. We ate in silence for a while. And I hate silence.

"The breakfast is delicious. Thank you." I said. His head shot up upon hearing my voice. He smiled. Oh no! What did he want now?

"Thank you." He replied.

Okay now I was freaking out. He was being polite. Then I realized why. "You don't have to worry. I won't tell your parents about anything. Whatever you did to me-" I was cut off.

"You can tell them if you want to." He interrupted.

"What?" I asked bewildered by his lack of concern towards what I said.

"I don't deserve to be left unpunished for what I did to you, so punish me." he said. My mouth just fell open. Was he regretting what he did? What happened? I couldn't really believe it because he would never throw his pride away like that.

"Why do you say so?" I asked him masking my surprise.

"I don't know why but I know that I meant what I said." He replied meeting my gaze.

I started thinking about what he said. He's different. He never hit me, when he saw me after long time, for leaving him. He never hit me back for slapping him at the ball. I talked back to him and still he did nothing. He didn't force me to go on this vacation. He didn't order me to do this and that. All this happened only after he came back from London. He changed.

I voiced a part of my thoughts. "I guess London has got you all confused." I stood up with my plate and headed over to the sink.

"I should explain myself. I-"

I cut him off. "Leave it, Keith." "It's not going to change anything anyway." I said with a hint of disappointment in my voice. I looked at him, his expression was unreadable. He closed his eyes, ran his fingers through his hair and sighed heavily.

I started to walk away. He said, "At least, hear me out."

"I think there's going to be plenty of time for us to talk, not now though. We're going on a vacation, remember? We've an hour left to get ready and be at the airport." I said.

We both looked at the grandfather clock strike 8 o'clock.

Author's note: hey guys!!!!!! Thanks for all the support. I've entered FMHH into the Wattys. please support me through this. i don't know if this book is good enough to enter but i just gave it a shot. As i promised, another quick update :) .  I hope you like this chapter. Love you all for the votes. Please comment, vote and recommend. Love, Essy <3