11

"Sienna!" Nathan called from the Nursery. I quickly dropped the clothes I was folding an ran. "What?" I exclaimed looking around. "Look! Look at Nina quick!" I squealed as I looked down at a smiling Nina. She was standing up and holding onto her crib for support. "Oh my baby's growing up!" I gushed picking her up and showering her with kisses. She laughed loudly while Nathan tickled her. Meanwhile Tyler was looking up from his toys confused. "Aw don't worry buddy you'll get there." Tyler laughed cupping his cheeks. I giggled at my happy little family feeling overjoyed. It was dawning on me that they were growing, and they weren't going to stay babies for much longer. I set Nina down and she quickly crawled off. I just turned around when the doorbell rang.

Expecting it to be Hailey I ran down the stairs and opened the door excitedly. Guess who was standing there?

"Mom?" Nathan asked coming up from behind me. "I'll go check on the kids." I muttered turning around. "No it's fine. I put them in their playpen in the sitting room. What do you want mom?" Nathan asked slightly angry. "Your father said I should come down and 'apologise'! But I haven't even done anything! Anyways I was hoping that you'd come to the gala tonight. After the.. shock from yesterday we decided that we will postpone it. I hope you two will come. It's masquerade themed! Oh it starts at six!" She clapped her hands excitedly before turning around and leaving. "What the..?" I muttered as Nathan's anger seemed to subside as she left. "Do you want to go?" He questioned. "Nate this isn't about me. It's about you. Maybe you can try make up with your mom. I can leave the kids with Hailey and Scott. Plus if you don't want to we can always stay in and order pizza." I said caressing his cheek. He paused and seemed to be mulling it over in his head. "Okay. We can go." He shrugged and I nodded running up the stairs. "Where are you going!?" Nathan yelled up the stairs. "To find a dress!" I yelled excitedly back.

This is gonna be a great night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours later Nathan was wearing one of his normal black and white suits while I finally decided on a backless gold sequinned dress that Nathan quickly commented on how nice I looked. I couldn't help it. My feelings were growing for him everyday if I wanted them or not. We both found nicely designed masks and dropped Nina and Tyler at Hailey and Scott's place, they were more than happy to take them. "Sienna!" Nathan called as we walked out of Scott's house. "Yeah?" I questioned turning around. "If my mother behaves like a child again I'm sorry." He mumbled resting his forehead on mine. "Hey I can take it," I shrugged and lightly pecked him on the lips before climbing into Nathan's car.

When we finally reached the address of the gala loud music was playing and people seemed to be gathered around outside. We clambered out and put on our masks. "You ready?" I questioned and saw Nate nod slightly. We quickly showed our invite and the burly security guard let us in. Loud music filled my ears and tons and tons of people filled the room. "Oh. You guys made it. Well welcome anyhow! Where are the um kids?" Nathan's mother questioned. "With a friend of ours. Nice party Mrs. Anderson." I said smiling. "Gala." She responded looking down on me. I nodded and Nathan said a few words to her that I didn't quite catch and then we were going to the dance floor.

A couple dances later I was leaving Nathan to get drinks. "Sienna?" I turned around seeing my mother and father standing behind me. "Mom, Papa? What are you two doing here?" I asked. "I could ask you the same thing Darling." My mother quickly hugging me. She explained to me that the Anderson's invited them because they were talking about ideas on each of their companies. I warned them that Nathan's mom seemed.. sly. They informed me they already knew and this party wasn't really any interest to them. I quickly told my mom to be careful before leaving them to find Nathan.

"Hey beautiful." A stranger decked out in a really nice suit and tie said. "Um thanks." I muttered looking around for Nathan. "Do you wanna dance?" He asked. "Sorry. I actually came here with someone." I said smiling slightly at him. There was still no sign of Nate and I was beginning to feel a small bit worried. "Oh come on. I don't see you with anyone now. What's a small dance gonna do?" He questioned. I finally gave in and we walked over to the dance floor. "So can I put a name on a pretty face?" He asked as a slower song came on. "I'm flattered and I'm also pretty sure you can't see my face." I said referring to my mask. "Fine. But I can see the outlines. I'm Liam." He extended a hand and I lightly shook it. "Sienna." I replied. For the next half hour we talked a lot about different things. We eventually decided to stop dancing and we went over to the bar. On the way I spotted Nathan. Getting really hands on with Crystal.

Why do I feel so horrible right now?

I've always been a woman who never ever jumps to conclusions. Always listen to the other side of the story but the unimaginable heartbreak- as dramatic as that sounds, was clouding my judgement. But I wasn't the clueless to know it wasn't one sided and he wasn't pushing her off in anyway shape or form.

Why did I let myself fall for someone like him? The rich billionaire who is going to remain the gorgeous bachelor for the rest of his life whether he's married or not. I'm not entirely sure how I looked past it for so long. This other side to him.

Fortunately, the mask completely blocked my tears that were falling down my cheek. I told Liam I had to go and I've had a lovely time with him and I gathered my things ready to leave.

"Sienna?" I turned around quickly praying its not anybody I know. "Mom? Papa!?" I questioned hugging them both. "Darling, what is the matter?" My dad instantly asked and I shrugged. "Nathan drama." I explained and my mother comforted me while my father ranted about punching Nathan. "You should be resting." I stated and she scoffed. "Darling. I am not letting cancer stop me from free food." We all laughed and I quickly forgot about stupid Nathan and stupid Crystal.

"Oh. Mr. And Mrs Cortés how please to see you both! Please tell me this rat isn't bothering you. Sienna honey I thought the message was clear, Nathan's not into whores." Nathan's mother said as two security guards grabbed my arms. "Excuse me-" I was about to go off on her about her rudeness when my mother stepped in. "This is how you treat guests Stephanie?" She questioned, Nathan's mother looked shocked for a minute before opening her stupid mouth again. "Well she's hardly a guest, my son brought her here because he's trying to take custody of my grandchildren. It's really matters that don't concern you Mrs. Cortés. Take her away." She explained and if I thought my heart broke before it was shattered now. I pushed off the security guards literally ready to either break down or attack Stephanie. "Actually Mrs. Anderson the matter does concern us when it involves our grandchildren too. You can forget about whatever partnership you thought was happening tonight because nobody insults my daughter and get away with it. Goodbye." My fathers booming voice invaded the room and he quickly grabbed both our hands and walked us all out.

Hey guys so I wanted to just explain something, I never really bother with an update 'schedule' but I thought it might be a good idea. As from now, I'm gonna be updating every single Friday. The times kind of undecided, but it will be different in whatever country you are in anyway. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! See ya next Friday :)