Chapter 37

Eid mubarak!! ✨

Sorry for the late update! I was busy with some stuff!

Anyways enjoy!!!

*************************

Alexandra POV:

I frown as I look at Xander to find him blowing at the spoon that contains soup.

"Xander..... " I call him out slowly. His eyes snaps toward me.

"No!" He replies with a blank face making me sigh.

"I don't want to eat right now. " I whine and pout at him. He rolls his eyes but a trace of smile lingers on his lips making me smile also.

"Richard said that you have to eat three times meals. " He tells me before putting the spoon Infront of my mouth.

"Open up." He orders with a raised eyebrow. I open my mouth with a frown as he puts the spoon in my mouth.

He keeps repeating it. Blowing the soup then putting it in my mouth. My heart swells as he wipes the side of my mouth with the tissue. He is so caring and he is all mine. I feel giddy at that thought.

I smile looking at him. He hasn't left my side after I woke up. And he keeps giving me something to eat every now and then. The painkillers help in lessen the pain also. But I still feel like crap. I was shocked when he told me I was in coma.

"When am I going to be discharged? " I ask him as he lifts the glass of orange juice and moves it toward my lips. He shrugs his shoulders .

"Until the doctor says that you are good to go." I drink the juice before sighing and leaning down against the pillow. He puts everything aside and turns around.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asks before leaning and kissing my forehead making me sigh in content.

"I love you." I whisper looking at straight in his eyes. His whole face brightens up as he smiles, his eyes glistening with happiness before he leans down and kisses me on the lips softly .

"I love you more. " he whispers against my lips before pulling away and giving me my medicines. I gulp them down.

I move aside to make space for him in the bed and pat it , motioning for him to join me. He looks at me with hesitation.

"I don't think that is a good idea , Lexi . I don't want to hurt you,baby."

"And you won't." I smile at him. He sighs before laying down with me. He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers before he kisses the back of my hand and putting it on his chest.

"How are you, Xander?" I ask him. I can see he is not fine. There is this turmoil in his eyes that he can't hide from me.

He looks at me, his gaze consuming me in before he looks at the ceiling, closing his eyes.

"I-I don't know, baby..." He says in a low and defeated voice that makes my heart squeeze in pain.

"Talk to me..." I encourage him rubbing my other hand on his arm.

"I.. I don't want to feel that pain again, Alexandra. The pain that I will loose you, that pain when I see you hurt, the pain that you will- " He stops talking, taking a sharp breath in before continuing.

"I don't think I can survive again,baby. You are my life, my breath.. my oxygen. I can't go through that pain again. I can't." He gulps down visibly before his tensed body and relaxes .

I feel guilty. I feel bad. It's all because of me. If I had stayed at home and didn't go to that prick Justin, everything would be fine. But how Xander knew about Justin? How did he find me?