A Birth

Chapter Eighteen: A Birth.

Jessica's POV: Before

"You know I always pictured you pregnant." Parker told me as he rubbed my ever-growing stomach. I laughed because that was probably the weirdest comment someone has ever made about me.

"I don't think that is the best image for you to have of me." I replied, leaning back into his chest. It felt nice to be captivated in his arms, even if it wouldn't last.

"Actually I think that it is the best image that I could have ever imagined because for once people would actually know that you were mine." Parker said, possessively. I elbowed him in the chest, he knew I didn't like being thought of as a possession but the idea of being 'his' did have its appeal.

"I feel funny." I told him after a few minutes of silence. I could feel pain swirling around my stomach but soon it was controlling my entire body. I grabbed onto my belly in a fit of pain as Parker whispered into my ear.

"You are going to be okay, trust me." Parker said before water gushed from my legs. I think my water just broke. I looked hurriedly up at Parker to see that he was looking down at me with love in his eyes.

"I'm scared." I whimpered. I was not ready to be a mom, I couldn't do this.

"You'll be great, I'll be there with you the entire way. And I'll be there to see her soon." Parker then placed a loving kiss on my forehead.

I woke in another wave of pain and dampness surrounding the lower half of my body. I was officially in labor.

~

"Alright; everything is set in the hospital bag, your contractions are five minutes apart, and the doctor has been notified. We are having a baby sometime tonight!" My mom cheered lightly as we headed outside to the car. Labor had started sometime over six hours ago and gradually my contractions had just gotten worse and worse.

The fact that I was going to have a baby still had not settled in yet but nothing could conjure its way into my head when I was having a contraction. I just had to remember that this wouldn't last forever and that Parker was going to be with me.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

The drive to the hospital wasn't too long and soon I was in a wheelchair and being put into a room and being checked for dilation.

"It looks like you are 4 cm dilated but the baby still needs some time to move its way to the birth canal." The nurse said before cleaning up and making sure I was comfortably situated. I sighed, knowing that I was in this for the long hall.

"Maybe you should try to get some rest before the baby comes." My mom suggested, looking at me with sorrow in my eyes. I could tell that she didn't want me to be mom this early on in my life but we had discussed all of this beforehand and though this isn't what she wanted for me, she supported my decision to keep him.

"Okay, I guess I'll try too." I answered and soon it was just me in the white room all by myself. A wave of panic then settled in around me; I was going to be a mom.

~

On May 3rd at 4:23 am, Elliot Daniel Turner was born after a very painful night of contractions. My mom stood by my side the entire time and helped me through every agonizing minute. When I held him for the first time I knew immediately that he was Parker's child, he had his eyes.

I woke up sometime after giving birth to find Parker standing over the bassinet where Elliot was sleeping beside my bed.

"He's beautiful." He whispered, looking up at me. I smiled sleepily, still a little loopy from my lack of sleep lately. "I can't wait to meet him soon." And then he was gone and it was just Elliot and I once again.

"You're going to love him." I whispered back to Parker, hoping that even though he wasn't in the room that he would hear me.