chapter 27

Cole's p.o.v

I woke up to the loud clatter of a pan and The 1975 playing quietly. I reluctantly got out of bed, which I've slept alone in since a week ago. Y/n had been distant but thankfully not cold since I stopped her from going out that night.

First week back at college and it's been nothing but small talk and avoiding eye contact between us. I stepped into the kitchen and marveled at the sight in front of me.

Y/n was cutting fruit while she cooked eggs in a pan. She was singing 'heart out' and dancing in her sweatpants and a cropped singlet. I've come to the conclusion that I'll never get over her.

"Morning" I greeted as I walked towards the fridge. "Good morning!" y/n replied happily while she continued to dance around. It made me smile that she wasn't embarrassed about being caught acting silly.

I reached up to the cupboard in front of her as she mixed her scrambled eggs around. Instinctively I put my hand on her waist to steady her so she would bump into me. I felt her tense under my touch and her singing paused.

She spun around to face me and looked up at me with her gorgeous eyes. "Do you wanna do something today?" She surprised me with her request, the closest we've been to hanging out this week is watching movies in silence.

Smirking back at her I asked what she had in mind. "Well my friend invited me to the opening of an art gallery and I think your humor will make it more enjoyable." I rolled my eyes "so your just using me for entertainment purposes?" I replied chuckling.

"Oh come on Cole! I need at least someone who knows as little as I do" she whined at me. I sighed, "will there be food?" I implied my one condition.

"You think I would've rsvp'd if there wasn't?"

~~~

After three hours of pretending analyze paintings, three glasses of wine each and way too many trips to the snack table, me and y/n decided to walk home. We haven't laughed this much together for a long time and it felt nice to put aside our problems and just enjoy each other for who we are.

"Thank you for joining me, I wouldn't have made it out alive otherwise" y/n said, giggling.

"It was fun" I replied truthfully, "I've missed you." Y/n let out a loud laugh, "Cole you see me everyday!"

"Noooo, I mean I miss us." I explained to her. She fell silent but continued walking, letting my arm stay draped over her shoulders.

"What happened with Elizabeth? You never told me.." Y/n suddenly spoke trying to avoid a much needed conversation.

"Well.. uh I sort of got her pregnant.." I mumbled, not knowing an easier was to put it.

"You what?!" Y/n shouted, looking incredibly concerned and angry. She stopped and pushed my arm off her and we were now facing each other.

"No no no- well I mean yes but she had a miscarriage" I explained. Y/n only replied with a small 'oh' and continued walking with her head down, she was most likely thinking about the whole situation.

As we turned a corner I rested my hand on the small of her back without her rejecting the gesture.

"Maybe I should move out for a bit, you know give us some space." Y/n suggested and I immediately denied it.

"No that's not the answer to this babe, please don't leave again." I practically begged her, she's really turned me into a pathetic mess in just a few months. "If anything we need to spend more time together, didn't today make you realize how much fun we have? No drama and me fucking up just like it was in the beginning."

"Yeah it was fun" she replied softly, I noticed her smiling to herself.

We didn't talk much after that, when we arrived at our dorm y/n went straight to her room and closed the door. I slumped on the couch, sighing loudly; hoping that today was good progress between y/n and I.

~~~
Okay real talk i almost ended the story in this chapter but i really haven't planned anything for the end. i'm the worst writer omg

alsoooooo i'm going to start a new story when i finish this one, it's also called roommates but it's an ashton irwin fanfic because wow he is yummy but a very cute bean.