9 - he fucking loves the shit out of you

Carl's POV

A few days later, neither me or Debbie went to school as we were helping around the house for Ian's arrival home. Ian was already released from the hospital and now was in his bed with Mickey laying beside him. Me and Lip looked over our brother, who was fast asleep. Mickey was holding Ian close to his chest but he was looking at Ian with us. We had to put locks on the windows in the house so Ian wouldn't climb out of them anymore.

"What should we do?" Mickey asked us, not taking his eyes away from his boyfriend. I looked at Lip, who looked at me.

"There's nothing else we can do Mick," I muttered to the boy. He nodded as me and Lip walked out and closed the door behind us. I sighed holding the handle, unable to move.

"We should've known it was gonna happen," Lip spoke and I looked at him, still frozen in the place I had been.

"Yeah, but it still hurts to know that all we can do is make him swallow pills everyday," I told Lip looking at the door. Lip put a hand on my shoulder, in a way of comfort.

"Giving him those pills will help in the long run Carl," Lip told me before walking into his own bedroom. I sighed walking downstairs to see Fiona sitting at the kitchen table alone, drinking her mug of coffee.

"Is he okay?" Fiona asked as I poured a mug of coffee for myself before I sat opposite of her.

"Ian's asleep, but Mickey is just worried about him," I told Fiona, who nodded while her fingers tangled in the roots of her hair.

"I just can't believe he's still here with him," She muttered out looking at the table.

"Who? Mickey?" Fiona nodded at me.

"He's here because he loves Ian, and just because he's bipolar doesn't stop Mickey from loving him," I told her while taking a gulp of my coffee.

"It still baffles me."

"That's because we never seen this kind of love towards someone with bipolar." I spoke and she looked at me. Fiona nodded, shrugging.

"How's things with you and Clay?" She asked me as I put the half empty cup of coffee on the table. Considering I wasn't at school on Monday, I got very concerned about Clay, especially since he didn't text me until this morning and today is Friday.

"Eh, I don't actually know," I looked at my coffee cup as Fiona stared at me.

"What happened?" I sighed deciding to tell my eldest sister as it was bound to be spoke about soon enough.

"When we went to the club with Mickey and Ian, the day after when I walked Clay home, we had a bit of a bump in with Kade, Stacey and Bella." Fiona looked at me with wide eyes but nodded telling me to continue.

"Kade made fun of Clay for being gay and ran off, so I chased him and, go figures, Kade followed along with his two minions." I shrugged looking up at Fiona.

"So I kissed Clay and told Kade to stop saying the word 'faggot', but I don't know what went down during school," Fiona looked at me with a proud smile first, then worry washed over her expression.

"Didn't he not text you? Or did you not text him?"

"I texted him, but he didn't answer until this morning," I sighed holding the cup in between my two hands which were getting warmer by the hot coffee.

"Jesus, maybe you should just go over to his house," Fiona told me as she stood up and walked to the sink to wash her mug as Liam and Debbie walked in.

"Carl, there's a girl outside waiting on the porch for you," Debbie said with furrowed eyebrows. I looked at her confused before getting up and walking out to the front porch. On the step was, Auggie, smoking a fag with her fingerless gloves.