Chapter 21

Mina’s POV

Not much has happened between I and Chaeyoung romantically like that almost kiss, but we have gotten closer. We haven’t brought it up at all in the past two weeks. I hope she doesn’t want to forget about it, because I sure can’t forget it. I keep picturing how close our lips were and how much I wanted to lean in a bit further.

Today she looks so beautiful and handsome at the same time and I can’t take my eyes off of her. I hardly hear Nayeon unnie talking about the lake party today. Apparently I wasn’t the only one not listening, Dahyunnie was staring at Momo. I gave her a playful nudge and gave her a look that shows I know how much she likes Momo. She blushes and we both turn to Nayeon unnie.

“So everyone is going to the lake party right?” she asked.

“Of courseeeee” says Sana, Momo and Chaeyoung.

I’m a little uneasy about going. I hate lakes ever since the accident. I was remembered vividly the car driving over the edge of the bridge into lake and being consumed by the rising water. Then someone breaks me out of my thoughts. I look over to Chaeyoung who gives me a worried face. She seems to always know what I’m feeling, which intimates me at times.

After a lot of begging I finally agree to go. So after school, Nayeon unnie, Dahyun and I go to our house to get prepared. On our way we pick up Chaeyoung and Momo.

I’m forced to one side and Chaeyoung is in the middle, which makes me pretty nervous. I’m not usually this close to anyone, and being so close to Chaeyoung is a bit too much. I’m both ecstatic of it and terrified.

We finally get to the lake and I jump out of the car and pretend to stretch. We walk over to the crowd of people having fun and accidently get separated. I wonder around aimlessly before meeting up with Chaeyoung. We walk to a corner and just talk about random school stuff but we could barely hear each other due to the noise. She suggested walking closer to the wooden dock near the edge of the lake. I agree but I’m a little nervous being with her all alone.

We start talking about whatever the heck comes to mind and it’s so relaxing. I love talking with Chaeng because it just comes so naturally easy with her. As the dock gets narrower we walk closer together and my hand accidentally brushes too close to her. Being awkward person I am, I immediately apologize so much but she cuts me off.

“Mina unnie, don’t worry, it’s perfectly fine… in fact, I’d like to hold your hand.” She says as she reaches toward me. I let her grab my hand as she starts to pull us close together.

“Mina unnie, I need to tell you something important, something I’ve been meaning to tell you for a long time now.” I can tell she’s hesitant and nervous to tell me.

Before I can answer though, I’m roughly pushed into the lake. I feel the icy cold water engulf me as I sink down. I freak out and try to push myself up, but I feel something tighten around my leg. I try pulling with all my might but it’s no use. I reach down and find my leg trapped in a small rope that’s connected to the dock.

This is where I get terrified because flash backs of accident and Sinb enter my head. I flail around for help, but it’s no use. The water is so murky, it’s impossible to see around. I feel like I’m sinking and fading away like before. Terror engulfs me, but I can’t do anything.

Chaeyoung’s POV

Out of nowhere Somi violently pushes Mina unnie in the water. I witness as she hits the icy cold water and disappears under.

“You a**hole!” I yell at Somi before pushing her that cause her to fall on the ground. I go to the edge and wait for Mina unnie to come up so I can help out.

But she doesn’t come up. All I see are a bunch of bubbles and ripples of water. I freak out and yell for Nayeon unnie and Dahyun. Then I immediately jump into the murky water. I try to reach around for Mina, but I can’t feel her. I go above water to see Nayeon unnie running up and witness as she punches a laughing Somi and throws her in the water. I quickly go back under water and finally feel someone hand. I pulled myself closer and faintly see Mina unnie, I try to pull her up but something isn’t letting me.

A rope is wrapped around her leg, I try pulling her leg out but it’s no use, and I’m not strong enough. I look up and see she’s having a hard time holding her breath, so I do the only thing I can think to help her. I push myself up above the water as Nayeon unnie jumps in and I tell her to help me. I take a big breath and go under and I quickly cup Mina unnie face in my hands and put my lips on hers as I blow air in her mouth to make sure she doesn’t take in water. Nayeon unnie is able to get Mina’s leg out of the rope and we pull her up. She starts coughing and flailing around which is a good sign.

I pull her to my side and push her out of the water onto the dock and haul myself up. Mina unnie is on her elbow coughing up any water that got into her and I immediately wrap my arms around her. I’m glad she’s okay, I was so scared. I notice Dahyun run up to place a blanket around Mina unnie because she’s shaking uncontrollably. Mina unnie is in shock so Nayeon unnie leads her away from the lake with me close behind. Then we see none other than the asshole Somi and her sister.

I guess you’re still a scared of a little water. Aww poor baby. Time to move on pathetic bitch.” Says Chungha snickering along with her sister. I barely have time to register what happen next, but Sana’s hand slams against Chungha’s face as Nayeon unnie punches Somi again. People at the party hold back Chungha and Sana unnie, but no one is able to stop the Somi and Nayeon. The last thing I see is Momo and Dahyun trying to pry those two away from each other as I push a shocked Mina away from the huge scene going on.

A/N:
What a tough unnie and friend you got there Minari! And of course your little cub who’s always there for you.

Hi guys!!!