Chapter 7

17 years ago

Lana POV

The drive to the clinic was completely silent. Fred clearly didn't want to talk to me and I didn't blame him.

We were on break because work stress from us both was driving us apart. We loved each other and didn't want it to end in things said in a blind rage which would be regretted. It lasted a few months and I found comfort with my friends and colleagues at work, more so with Sean. Him and Tanya had been having a similar problem so decided it would be best if she stayed in England.

We comforted each other but things went too far more than once. It started with a drunken one night stand before turning into a full fledged affair for weeks. It stopped when Sean and Tanya made up but ever since the tension between us had been sky high, but we tried to keep it just between us and not let it interfere with our marriages and work. But when he told Tanya, she called Fred who had just made up with me. That caused weeks of tension and silence between us.

We still hadn't fully recovered when I had gotten sick. I just thought it was because of stress. But then the cramps and my missed period as well as other things all added up. And now here we are.

I place a hand on my stomach which I can feel now has a slight bulge a can't help the tears forming and pouring down my face. I try to stay silent but the next thing I notice is the car pulling over on the side of the road. I feel Fred's eyes looking at me although I can't tell what emotions he's feeling until I feel his arms wrap around me.

"I know you feel terrible over this. But I forgive you" he whispers and that does it. I can't help sobbing in his arms as he comforts me. I feel as though I don't deserve this, I don't deserve him. Especially after all this. "You don't have to get rid of it you know" Now this makes me stiffen up and become silent. "It's your choice at the end of the day. But you need to tell Sean at least. Talk it over with him"

"And what if I do keep it?" I ask quietly. "What would that mean?"

"I'll be with you no matter what Lana. I love you too much to let you go" he says seriously. "But you need to talk to Sean. It's his baby too" and I can tell how much it pains him to say that, but I realise he's right.

"Will you come with me?" I ask softly. Fred smiles at me sadly but nods.

"We can work this out I'm sure of it" he tells me, and for the first time in months, I can actually believe it.

~•~

A/N: excuse the shit chapter but boom. Here we go. Baby daddy is in fact our one and only Sean Maguire.

Now I ship Seanya and Flana so bloody much but a little bit ships Seana which is like ahhhhhhh conflicting feels. So this is like the best of both worlds for me.

So this is chapter 7, posted right before my last exam. I'm so proud 😂 as well as editing everything to be the same format! Go me? 😂