[Chapter 8]: Contact

"OI EVERYONE, LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF BAKUGOU AND (Y/N)!" Denki Kaminari had just walked into the room and was waving his phone around like a madman.

"Picture?" People were mumbling around the room before getting up to investigate. You and Katsuki were just arriving at the door to the classroom.

"The fuck is all the noise about?" He questioned.

"Beats me. It's probably something dumb." You both opened the door only to be met by a sea of glares. You two stood there, dumbfounded.

"What are you looking at you damn scum?" Katsuki growled. Kaminari stuck his head out of the crowd and held his phone screen up to us.

"We were just thinking that you two were rather bold." He winked. Both of your jaws dropped. It was the picture the little boy had taken at the arcade. Katsuki was on top of you attempting to grab your face while you were grabbing his hand smiling. Without knowing the context, it just looked like really cringy PDA.

How on earth did he get the photo?

"My little brother told me he proposed to a girl yesterday and got denied. I asked him about it and who the girl was and to my surprise, it was you (y/n)! Although the picture he showed me was quite unexpected..." You face-palmed and huffed, slightly annoyed.

"Okay everyone, let me explai-..." Your words were cut off by Katsuki swiping Kaminari's phone from his hand and blowing it to smithereens. Kaminari proceeded to fall to his knees crying.

"BAKUGOU WHYYYYYYY?! THAT WAS EXPENSIVE!" Katsuki ignored him, walking by him as well as everyone else. He sat down at his desk and crossed his arms. 

What an idiot. 

Walking over to your crying classmate, you offered a hand.

"I'm sorry he's such a hotheaded idiot. We'll find a way to replace your phone."

"THE FUCK DID YOU CALL ME?!" Katsuki called out to you. You picked up a nearby textbook and chucked it across the room, nailing him directly in the forehead.

"Stop yelling you damn hedgehog." You calmly said. Rubbing his forehead, he leaped up from his seat and began screaming a slur of insults at you. The rest of the class was just watching, trying to contain laughter and whispering among themselves. Ignoring Katsuki, you continued to help Kaminari up. He was looking up at you as if you were some kind of goddess.

"GOING ON A DATE WITH ME WOULD BE PAYMENT ENOUGH!" He exclaimed. You completely ignored his comment.

"Cool, I'll bring the money to you tomorrow." You saw a single tear run down his face.

After walking away, Kirishima and Sero attempted to comfort him. Ochaco approached you not a moment later. Grabbing your hands in hers, she lifted them to her chest and spoke.

"I don't know why you chose Bakugou... BUT I WILL SUPPORT YOU! CONGRATULATIONS (Y/N)!" She gave you a thumbs up.

Oh my god...

"OCHACO NOOOOO LET ME EXPLAIN! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT!"

It's gonna be a long day...

-A Few Days Later-

You leaned up against a pillar out in the school courtyard, waiting for Katsuki. You two had been walking home together every day since the arcade. It was kind of an unspoken rule, and you knew it didn't bother him because he definitely would have let you know by now.

"By the way, I heard Aizawa talking to you. Your grades in our general classes have really been slacking apparently." You had noticed that your teacher had made Katsuki stay after class. Your curiosity had gotten the better of you so you decided to eavesdrop.

"EH, HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?! WERE YOU CREEPING ON ME?!" He glared at you angrily.

"Yep. It was quite unexpected. I thought you had a high-class ranking in middle school?"

"I did. I'm a damn genius!"

"So you're smart, you're just not applying yourself? Damn, and here I thought you wanted to be a hero." You sneered. He snarled and grabbed the top of your shirt, pulling you up to him.

"I'M IN THE HERO COURSE. WHY SHOULD I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT RANDOM KNOWLEDGE I'LL NEVER USE?!" You weren't shocked by his reaction. You had really gotten used to his tantrums. You grabbed the hand that was attached to your shirt and spoke sternly.

"I don't know everything about the world of pros, but I know that general knowledge is essential to becoming an overall well-rounded person. You think that brute strength can disarm a bomb? Or understand the rates and angles at which buildings fall? If you are as determined at becoming a pro as I think you are, so stop messing around and start applying yourself."

He just stood there and looked at you. His face had softened up a bit and his grip loosened. Lowering his hand back down to his side, he asked.

"So what the fuck are you suggesting then?" He grumbled. You placed your hand on your chin and looked down, thinking to yourself.

"Let's see... Well first thing's first, you need to start handing in your homework on time. We also have a math test later this week. If you do well enough on it, your grade should recover somewhat." You thought for another moment before looking up at him. "What are you doing tonight?"

"I was gonna go try and beat the high score on the Mortal Kombat machine. Next time I need to be able to crush you easily." You chuckled.

How petty.

"Well cancel that. Come over to my house and study with me instead." He raised an eyebrow.

"Study? I ain't gonna study with your dumbass."

I swear to god...

"Just think about it this way Katsuki. If you achieve the number one class ranking, that means you'll be superior to everyone in every aspect." It took him a moment to process, but as soon as it clicked a malicious smirk appeared on his face.

"Perfect." He growled. "WHEN DO WE START? NOW?!" You smiled.

"How about at 8? I have to run a few errands before. Just come over to my house then." You pulled your phone out of your pocket and handed it to him. "Put your number in. I'll text you just in case I'm running late."

He didn't say much. He just silently typed his contact information in and handed the phone back to you before mumbling.

"See ya then..." The both of you separated and walked off towards your respective streets. Pulling out your phone, you scrolled to find Katsuki's contact information. You couldn't help but crack a smile at what you saw.

He had typed in 'King of Explodo-Kills' as his contact name.