[Chapter 9]: Ever again

The doorbell rung.

"I'll get it!" Takashi yelled as he walked over to the front door. He had been cooking dinner so he was wearing an apron. Upon opening the door, he was met by Katsuki.

"Is (y/n) home?" Katsuki questioned. Takashi looked at him for a moment and then shouted up the stairs.

"(Y/n)! There's a very angry boy standing at the door asking for you. Did you get in a fight?" 

"No Takashi, he's my friend."  You opened the bathroom door and shouted back. "He came over to study for our math test coming up. I'll be down in a second so entertain him for a bit." You closed the door to finish up your shower but reopened it briefly to say one last thing. "Also that's just his face. He's not angry."

"My apologies. She just got home from her part-time job and she wanted to shower." Katsuki removed his shoes and sat on the couch with a scowl.

"I thought she said she had a few errands to run..." He muttered quietly to himself. Katsuki took a moment and look around the apartment. It wasn't especially nice or anything but it was comfy.

"So what's (y/n)'s part-time job?" Katsuki asked Takashi curiously. Takashi looked up from the vegetables he was cutting.

"Ahh, she works for a moving company. Not the ideal job I would pick for my little sister, but they pay her well." He looked down for a moment. "I told her that she didn't need to get a job, but she insisted on helping with rent and grocery expenses. At first, I told her to save her money for herself, but she just ended up going behind my back to pay off the landlady so that my rent decreased. We eventually came to an agreement though."

Takashi stepped out of the kitchen and walked over to a table in the corner of the living room. He picked up a picture of you and him as kids and sighed looking down at it.

"I just wish she would take more time for herself. She's always working, training, or studying." Katsuki just listened. He had noticed a solemn look in Takashi's eyes.

"I was also wondering." Katsuki's voice was almost soft for once. "What is (y/n)'s quirk? She hasn't used it yet, but if she's training so hard it must be something fucking incredible right?" 

"It's not incredible at all..." Takashi muttered, looking away from the boy. "It's a damn curse..." He put the photo down. "It's not my place to talk about, but I get the feeling that she'll tell you when she's ready." 

His voice was desolate.

"Hey, are you two talking shit about me?" You started down the stairs, rubbing your towel through your hair to try and remove excess water. You have thrown on a baggy tee shirt and shorts, your usual lazy attire. 

"All good things, I swear." Takashi chuckled. "By the way dinner's ready." 

Your eyes widened and you ran down the rest of the stairs and across the living room.

"THANK GOD. I AM FAMISHED!" Your brother had made homemade ramen, one of your favorite dishes. You took a giant serving and instantly dug your chopsticks into it, slurping up a mound of noodles at a time. You stopped suddenly, turning around to see Katsuki just sitting on the couch staring at you.

"Want some?" You smiled, noodles still hanging from your mouth. Katsuki only looked away with an almost pained expression.

"Nah, I already ate." 

No yelling or swear words? 

You had expected him to call you fat face or something. You opted to brush it off, grabbing another helping and turning to head upstairs.