21: Court

Rin's P.O.V

Everyone from the asylum was strapped to wheel chairs and strolled into the court room. The jury watched as everyone was rolled in. I kept my head down avoiding eye contact from everyone in the room. It was scary but I couldn't move at all. All I could move was my head and I tried to keep that as still as it could possibly be.

"I know call the court to order. The Fairy Fun Asylum has come for us all to decided where to send the paitnents and why. I have all of the papers on each and every person who is currently in the asylum. So lets get this started. First off, the workers. The leader Dr. Amadi has been killed by the asylum resident, Rin Nakamura." the room fell silent as I felt multiple eyes on me. I tried to shift in the wheel chair but the straps held me down for the most part.

"She really is a murderer." someone said next to me. It was that one guy with his arms in casts from where I broke them on my first or second day in the asylum. I rolled my eyes as his stare kept glued on me.

"Next up in Hallie Campbell. I call you forth." The man said. I was frightful of what would come of Hal. She really did try to help us, but she did follow Dr. Amadi without reporting any on the illegal things that she did participate in.

"There is evidence that you knowingly followed the asylum's leader even though he was involved in acts against the law. Do you agree to this statement and why didn't you call the police once you found this out?" he asked. Hal didn't answer for a moment but soon spoke.

"I agree that I was involved in evil acts, but I tried my hardest to keep the paintents safety at the top of my concerns. I didn't bother to phone the police because I worried of what would happen to the asylum and my students." she agreed.

"Anyone bear witness?"

"My little sister Emma, and her friends Marcie, Hayley, and Rin."

"Rin Nakamura is not a valuable source of information in this trial. She will not be called up till the very end and will not be used as a witness or a Alby."

"What kind of bullshit is that!" Emma yelled. Everyone looked to her strapped in her wheelchair. "She has rights just like any of you, so stop actin like your all stuck up snobs and actually read the laws your ancestors made for us people damn it!"

"You don't have the right to speak out in court like that."

"Yes I do. Freedom of speech you jackass." she spat.

"Silence her." the man ordered and a bandana was tied around Emma's mouth. Suddenly more people started to protest. I heard Hayley and Marcie start up as well saying pretty much the same things as what Emma said before. It touched me how much they were trying but both of them was gutted as well. The saddness in my eyes showed without any question. One of the Jury members gave a slip of paper to the judge and he opened it. He read word for word what it said.

"The jury had decided that Hallie Campbell will serve a five year sentence in jail for her crimes against the laws." he said simply. Hal was then taken out of the room without anymore talking. Although Hayley, Marcie, and especially Emma were fighting in there chairs as she was taken. The court went on with little surprises. Mostly people were relocated.

Then Marcie was called up. There was little discussion about her, but they all agreed to send her back home to her house in Flordia. I could see Emma and Hayley were sad but Marcie was going home I felt happy for her. She has a home to go back to. Where were they going to send me?

Hayley was called next. Her papers also cleared her and they agreed to send her back home, but her parents moved to a different state due to Hayley's bad reputation there. Now she lived up in Maine. Hayley and Marcie lived all the way across the United States from each other which crushed my heart.

Emma was next and she fought wildly as they took her up. They split right in half what to do with her, but they were certain she couldn't go home no matter what. It wasn't to hard to figure that out because of the outbursts back with that medicine. She did try to eat again which put a huge set back in her release. Soon, the Jury came to a conclusion, but I didn't like it. Emma was relocated to a good asylum in Australia. I couldn't beleive how far they were seperating us out.

Now it was my turn. Everyone else has been moved but it's my turn next. Fear rose in me as I was rolled up to the front facing the Jury. Discuss in their eyes shown an peirced my like a needle. I have a feeling that my sentence was not going to be a good one no matter what it was going to be. Was I going to be relocated? Was I going to be sent to jail?

"Rin Nakamura. At a young age you have had quite the file. Despite your past court cases, you have not improved much since your first murder. Now that you have killed Dr. Amadi along with multiple other people, there is not many places that will take you." The Judge explained.

"I don't see why." I mumbled.

"Although you are not cured, I can't say you have made no improvement since the Fairy Fun Asylum. Even if you are better this state that you are in is severely unhealthy and traumatizing for any human being especially one your age. Your bruises, scars, scratches, burns, and your um . . . . brand tells the whole story to stick the Fairy Fun Asylum in the gutter forever." I closed my eye sadly thinking of the A on my face. It has scared me for life and there is no way to escape it.

"So what next?" I asked him.

"The Jury has reached a decision." Someone stood and said.

"Despite how she acts now, Rin has went over her limitation of sins. All of her acts against the government has -"

"Get on with it." the Judge ordered.

"Rin Nakamura is going to be executed for her crimes."

--------------------------
That is the end of this chapter. I think there is going to be one or two chapters left till the end. I hope you guys have enjoyed this book so far.

Word Count: 1134