Chapter Twelve

That explains the striking similarities that they share.

Swiftly removing his hands around my waist, I jumped onto the seat.

"In my defence, I didn't know you had a brother," I said raising my hands up.

It was then I processed what I said and realized I had just made the situation worse.

Omar looked like he was silently enjoying this.

"So you're telling me, if he wasn't my brother you would have sex with him? You're supposed to be my mate!"

His wolf was close to surfacing but he had good control, or at least I hope because I just make matters worse no matter what.

"It's not like we were going to have sex. We still had our clothes on," I gestured to my fully clothed body.

Yup, even worse. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut.

"You know what, just shut up!" His eyes flicked from grey to gold and back to grey.

Looking between myself and Omar to see who this man was talking to, I snapped.

"It better be Omar you told to shut up, because I know it cannot be me!"

Both Alexander and Omar looked taken aback.

"Maybe I should just leave," Omar said, before rushing out the room.

Now it was just Alexander and I staring madly at each other, waiting to see who would be the first to explode.

"You're supposed to be my mate and yet here you are trying to sleep with my brother!"

I don't see why he thinks I so want to sleep with his brother although I kinda want to, but I'm not that type of person.

"We aren't even mates!" I yelled. "I don't feel sparks or get butterflies in my stomach and I can do just fine without you!"

He looked angry, but it was soon replaced with hurt.

I felt bad for saying it the way I did, but it's true and there was no other way I could put it.

But on the other hand, I did feel as if I shared something with his brother.

Unsuspectingly, he pulled me into him.

"Tell me you don't feel the same way as I do." He looked me directly in the eyes, filled with hope.

"I wish I could say that I do, but I would be lying to the both of us," I said, pulling away from him and walking away.

I couldn't stand to look at him knowing that what I just said probably shattered his heart.

Maybe he thought I was his mate or I just remind him of someone.

I no longer felt like my crazy, happy self, so I decided to go lock myself in my room.

I wouldn't have to see any random strangers or deal with mean comments today.

When I reached in my room, I dived straight onto my bed and into the comfortable pillows.

Grabbing two of them, I couldn't help but wonder.

It is very hard for a wolf to mistake someone as their mate, especially if they are an Alpha.

The only way that could happen was if their past mate had died and they found someone that resembled them a lot.

Their wolf would go crazy without their other half, so when they spotted that person, they would convince themselves it was their mate.

That would lead to them kidnapping them and that wolf becoming rogue.

But luckily that rarely happened.

Sighing, I looked to my right to see my Dolly sitting near me.

That was when it all clicked.

"I miss you Elise."