10

The next day I woke up on the couch. The tv was off and it was quiet. I grabbed my phone to check the time and it was going on 12 in the afternoon.

Pulling the small blanket off of my body, I got up and stretched. Kayla had texted me and asked if I wanted to hang out tonight but I told her I couldn't because I was babysitting.

I went upstairs to the use bathroom and when I was done, I went into Aiden's room to check on him.

He was sitting in the middle of the floor playing with some wrestling action figures. He looked up at me once he noticed I was standing in the doorway.

"Hey Taylor" He said smiling.

"Hey. What ya doing?"

"Playing with my toys. This guy is beating up this guy" He exclaimed holding up the figures.

"Okay. What do you want to do today?" I asked him.

I didn't want to stay in the house all day and watch tv or play the wii with Aiden the entire time.

I did enough of watching tv and staying in the house all day everyday at home.

"Maybe we could go to a park" He told me.

I nodded my head.

"We can do that. Find you some clothes to put on and then I can take you to the one up the road" I told him.

He jumped up and ran over to his dressers.

I walked down the hall and was just about to go back downstairs when I stopped and thought about Jahseh.

I did ask to hang out with him more so maybe I should invite him to the park with Aiden and I.

I went further down the hall until I reached his room door. I knocked a few times then waited.

His door swung open and he stood there in a pair of gym shorts, looking as if he'd just woken up.

I was starting to think that he didn't know what a shirt was due to him always being seen without one on.

"Um hey.. Aiden and I are going to the park in a minute and I wanted to know if you wanted to come with us?" I asked him.

He looked at me as if I were dumb.

"Park? No thanks" He said.

"Come on. it'll be fun, I use to go to this park all the time with my friends" I tried to convince him.

"We'll only be out there for like an hour" I told him.

He hesitated but then nodded his head.

He closed the door back and I left heading back downstairs to get my bag so that I could take a shower and change my clothes.

••••

"So where did you guys move from?"

Jahseh and I sat at the park benches while Aiden ran around playing with some kids that he had just met over the past few hours.

It wasn't as hot as it usually was on other days and there was a lot of kids out here today.

Older adults stood around watching there kids play while associating amongst each other.