Chapter 32

Will

Will had never run faster in his life. His feet flew over the ground as he bolted back to the pack house.

Distantly, he knew the others followed behind him. Though he couldn't focus on that. All he could focus on was getting to the pack house.

His wolf howled in his chest. To the beast, his mate--the woman he'd declared his own, even if she didn't know it--was in trouble. That was unacceptable.

As he ran, his brain threw him terrible images. Images of Harley dragged along the ground. Harley tied up, the ropes digging into her arms, blood dripping down her temple. Harley motionless on the floor, a dark red puddle staining the cement around her.

His heart clenched in his chest. No. He'd get there in time. He refused anything else.

He broke through the front door. Natalie was in the living room sewing shirts and a pile of socks. At his sudden entry, she turned around. "Will? What--?"

"Where is she?" He asked.

"Who?"

"Harley!" He barked, "Where is she?"

Natalie was calm as ever, despite him running in the house like a maniac. For some reason that made him want to shake her. Didn't she see his frantic entry?

"Oh. She went with Bailey to the mall. It's a girl's day." At Will's distress, she frowned. "She'll be fine. Bailey's strong. She'll keep her safe."

"Natalie, when did they leave?" Ben asked, catching the conversation as he came through the door. Without his new rogue friend.

At Ben's entry, Natalie jumped up. "Ben? Oh my gosh, wait until Mark--"

Ben grabbed her by the shoulders when she went in for a hug. "This is important. The people who took me--"

"And look what they did to your forehead!"

"--they're after Harley."

That shut her up.

"What mall did they go to?" Will asked.

Natalie's eyebrows scrunched. "The one right in town. Will--"

He turned to Ben. "I need you to fill in Alpha Mark."

Ben nodded.

The back door opened, and they paused. Will held his breath, holding onto the hope that it was Harley and Bailey back from the mall, and that he could wrap her in bubble wrap and stick her in her room until they took out the sons of bitches after her.

"Natalie?" Cam called, "Have you seen--" He broke off as he hit the living room.

When he saw Ben, utter relief swept over his expression. He jerked Ben into a hug. "Thank Luna."

"Joyous reunion later, Cam." Ben stepped back. "Harley's in danger."

"Danger? She went to the mall. I know you don't like shopping, but sales never killed--"

Will growled. "Enough. I'm going." He'd leave them all in the house twiddling their thumbs. Harley didn't need this.

"I'm coming with," Ben said.

He whirled on him. "You just got back. No way you're leaving again."

"Alpha Mark can be filled in later. Besides, I will be able to recognize them." Ben tapped his nose.

His wolf snarled. He was wasting time arguing. "You know what? Fine. Your life."

"I'm coming too," Cam declared.