Chapter 40 - epilogue

"Kadan" 

My voice carried throughout the church as I muttered the last words of my obituary. 

"Kadan" I continued. "Where my heart lies." 

10 Years Later

The white ballgown was absolutely stunning. The tight waist that cascades down into a princess-like dress with a sweetheart neckline that embodied Lynn perfectly. 

A tulip bouquet was held between my fists and my brunette hair cascaded down my waist in waves with a single purple highlight. A little reminder. 

As I saw my best friend say "I do" with her eyes gleaming and her smile genuine. She found her flame. And her flame found her. 

After New York I've returned to where my roots lie. Brad's parents took it well, we said it was a car accident, and he died before the car burned, concealing the body. We buried him ourselves. 

The boy who had the pendant. My best friend. The love of my life and the one whom died in my hands to save his brother, as my aggressive anger pulled a trigger. My other half, whose blood is accidentally on my hands. I'll never find anyone again. My heart died with him. Even if I may find another, a huge piece of my soul will always and forevermore belong to him. 

I haven't seen Blake since then, still in New York I hear. I know better that he has been working, travelling. Getting things done in larger territories, expanding his gang till I've lost count. Creating sub-gangs to completely rule and abolish any more of these situations. 

Funny enough, I've grown a tad bit attached to the way things were back in New York. How Abby would help me dress and Killian's retort full remarks. 

"Lovely day for a wedding I suppose." 

I swivelled around to see a dashing young man in sunglasses. My heart nearly skipped a beat at the thought of it being someone he resembled. But I knew better than to believe in such miracles. 

"It's about time." I smiled slyly, taking a sip of my red wine. 

"Don't get too tipsy." he said with a serious tone. 

"Oh." I said putting the glass down. "Spill." 

He handed me two passports which my fingers leafed through greedily, noticing the oversized pictures and the different frames. 

"These are-" 

"Fake. Yes." I rolled my eyes at how he always cuts me off. 

"Those two have a gang." he said with a tone as if we were carrying out a regular conversation. 

"Individually?" I inquired. 

"Nah, co-run." He smirked as if it was the most childish thing ever. 

"Got it." I affirmed. 

"They wanna take over your territory." He laughed. 

I smirked. "Well, they can try."

"GUYS! No gang stuff on my wedding!" Lynn emerged from behind us, pouting. 

"Congratulations Lynn." Blake smiled giving her a nod, extending it to Justin who laced his arm around his new wife. 

"Live happy." he said before walking away. A man who was always disappearing. 

"You're leaving?" Lynn asked, almost hurt. 

"Hell no." I waved. "They can't do shit to me" I snickered, motioning to the pistol I had strapped against my thigh.  

She smiled before pulling Justin away to the dance floor as I quickly sent Colin a snap of the passports. With our manpower and weapons, he'd get it done before the wedding was even finished. 

In my solitude, my fingers found the pendant resting between my collarbones. The only remembrance of Travis.

My fingers laced through the choker's rope. Not a very elegant pairing with silver, I must say. Nor does it match with outfits very easily. But that rope sat on his wrist as it will on my neck. My fingertips laced through the semi-rough material. 

"Wish me luck, love." I muttered to myself. 

epilogue (n.) the ultimate conclusion in literary works. where everything gets tied up in an end. Speaking of ends, this book has reached it. I would like to thank all of you lovely souls who opened this book, commented your thoughts and voted. I know I'm not the fastest writer and thank you for the patience y'all have. I hope you loved this book as much as I loved writing it. Perhaps a new project might start soon. Who knows? And of course, a huge shoutout to the twitter acc,  lovelywords for all the words used as chapter names. Haha. Anyways, thank you again for everything. I appreciate and love opening my account to your wonderful comments and votes and reads and I just, it makes my day. So bless all you lovable souls and have a great day! <3

CreXenT