Chapter 19

Silas's POV

Finally, I get to see him... Lewis. I'd had guards all over, searching for him in the human world. Finally, someone had said they found him living in a wolf pack among the humans. I almost growled, thinking some human could have taken Lewis, but I kept myself in check and ran all the way to this fabled pack.

I had come alone, hoping to keep from starting a war. When I arrived, I spotted him almost immediately, standing at the window of what I assumed was the Alpha's office. His face paled when he saw me and I swallowed a whine. Of course he still hates me.

The man next to Lewis stepped in front of him and growled. I growled back. Who does this man think he is?! Lewis. Is. MINE. I walked into the pack house, and made it to the stairs before I was greeted by the Alpha and Luna. Both males.

They smiled best they could, knowing that any hostility would result in an unwanted war. "Welcome, Alpha Silas. Please, come in." I wasn't surprised that they knew my name. Lewis probably told them everything. Maybe that's why the man had acted that way. Yes, that's it. I reassured myself as I followed the Alpha and Luna.

"I'm Jamie, by the way." The Luna introduced himself. He nodded to the Alpha. "That's my mate, Jordan." The Alpha, Jordan, grunted.

I was pushed into the office, Lewis's sweet scent faint but recognizable. I sighed contentedly. The Alpha and Luna stood across from me, the Luna about to speak when the door burst open.

It was the man from the window. Now that we were closer, I could smell Lewis's unmistakable scent all over the man. U growled, jealousy clouding my mind. "Who are you? Why do you smell like Lewis?! WHERE IS MY MATE?!!"

The man's eyes flashed as he growled back. "Your mate? Last I checked, you rejected him. Lewis is MINE."

Anger clouded my mind, my wolf taking control. I lunged, stretching out my arms and aiming for his throat. Before I got there, I was tackled by Alpha Jordan, both of us tumbling to the floor.

Luna Jamie gasped, rushing to his mate's side.  "That's enough!" He said it softly, the authority in his voice freezing all of us. "We need to deal with this rationally. Alpha Silas, what is your business here?"

I got up, glaring at the man while I replied. "I came for my mate."

The man stepped forward, but the Luna held out his arm. Lewis Grant is Josef's mate."

Josef, huh? We'll see. "Oh yeah? Take me to him."

"NO!" Josef roared at me, his eyes flashing. Luna Jamie pleaded silently with him until he stepped back. "... Okay... I'll take you to Lewis."

I smiled triumphantly, following the sulking Josef down the hall. He glared back at me every few steps, until we stopped at a door. A sweet scent flowed out, and I stepped forward. Josef stopped me, opening the door himself and entering first.

I rushed behind him to see Lewis jump into his arms. The small boy snuggled into Josef's chest, causing him chest to rumble in a purr. It made my blood boil. I should be the  one Lewis holds. Me. Josef looked back at me, smirking.

I growled, making Lewis's head snap up. His eyes widened, his body squirming in Josef's embrace. "W-what-" Josef pulled him closer, calming him. I clenched my fist, smelling Lewis's sweet scent. He's still mine. I can smell it.

I pulled his arm, the sparks flying across my vision and making my wolf purr. Mate... Lewis!! Lewis froze, a deep blush settling on his face staring down at my hand on his arm. He can feel it. He knows. Horror washed over his face. Josef seemed to realize as well, confusion in his face.

"Lewis? Which one of us is your mate?"

Lewis sniffed the air. He took Josef's hand and touched both of us before taking a deep breath. "Y-you... You both are?"