Only You (Axel)

Thoughts

Here we were, sitting in his living room. Tears stained my face as he made me look at him, showing his concern. Trying to comfort me, he just held me, sighing, knowing what had happened.

Flashback

YOUR POV

School couldn't have ended any sooner as I yearned to see my boyfriend. It's been 3 years since we've gotten together. Smiling I packed my things not noticing someone creeping behind me. My pencil fell on the floor rolling a good distance behind me. Oh well I have more pencils a home anyway. Rolling my eyes I continued to pack.

(Name)!!!! I heard my name being called out and felt a hand on my shoulder. Slinging my bag on my other shoulder I turned to face them. "Hey Roxas, what's up?" He smiled "I was wondering if you wanted to go get some ice cream with me and Axel?" He knew I had a weakness to the sweet yet salty treat, heck I was the one that introduced it to the both of them. "No I can't Roxy, I mean I would but I'm going out with my boyfriend today since it's our anniversary." His eyes grew dark at the mention of my boyfriend, he was trying hard not to sound angry, "Oh ok sure no problem we can all get ice cream together some other day," and walked off. 

I couldn't remember when, but some time after I got together with my boyfriend, Roxas and Axel would always be upset at the very mention of him. Around the same time Roxas had been acting a bit cold and Axel, he, he was hooking up with girls every other day. His reputation grew into a total player and he's been through most of the girls in the surrounding area.

We've grown apart lately and truthfully I've missed hanging out with them all the time. I miss being with a chill Roxas and a crazy Axel who doesn't go flirt with every girl he sees. I'll make it up to them and treat them all to sea salt ice cream tomorrow. Definitely. 

I hurried to my boyfriend's locker. We were suppose to meet each other at mine, but I wanted to surprise him. Turning the corner I saw him, lips locked with the school slut, enjoying every moment. Tears were building up as they broke apart. They dropped on e by one, then they just kept flowing down. He saw me with wide eyes, shocked. "(Name) I can explain, she," I held my hand to stop him, "It's ok I understand." He looked relieved and came towards me for a hug. "I know it's our anniversary today, so happy." He didn't get to finish his sentence as I sent him flying back with a punch to his face. "Yea, let me guess, you're sorry. Guess what? I'm sorry too for wasting three years on you!" I left running, somewhere, anywhere but here.

Flashback end

And this is how I ended up here crying my eyes out in Axel's chest. He was holding me and patted my head trying to calm me down. "Why didn't I see it coming. His replies were always so late. He was distant and I should have known. Why am I not pretty enough for anyone. I'm so stupid." Hushing me he made me face him and wiped my tears away. "(Name), he's stupid for doing this to you. You deserve better, not some dick that went willingly to a slut. (Name) you're the most beautiful and smart girl I know, so won't you stop crying and smile for me?" 

I was quite and shocked at what Axel had told me. He thought I was beautiful and smart. I dried my eyes but the tears wouldn't stop. Laughing I hugged him, "thanks Axel, I needed that." His arms trapped me to his chest, "(name) I have something to tell you." "What is it Axel?" I tried to look at him but he held me tight in the hug that I couldn't. "When you first started going out with that guy I was pretty jealous. I was mad everyday when I was the two of you together. My heart ached and I didn't know what to do. I went around and eventually went on dates with lots of girls, but every time I always thought of you, only you." "Axel what are you trying to say." "(Name) I love you, since the day you told me I had a heart." I never knew Axel felt this way about me. 

Not hearing a reply Axel sigh, "(name) it's ok if you don't fell the same, we can still be friends." His hug loosened and I faced him, about to get something off my chest. "Axel I love you too. Since the day you saved me I always have I just didn't know you felt the same way." Embarrassed I turned away, not before seeing his shocked expression. His fingers turned my head back to face him and crashed his lips against mine. I responded too willingly and wrapped my arms around his neck, bring us closer. 

When the need of air grew too much we parted, both of us panting. I looked at him,  he had a devilish grin. "You taste really great hot stuff," bring me back closer to him. 

The front door opened, "Hey Axel (name) punched the carp out of her boyfriend, aren't you," Roxas stopped talking and stared at our position. "Yea Roxas I'm estatic," his eyes still on me, lingering a bit before answering his best friend. Roxas crossed his arms and looked pretty content with himself, "so are you guys finally together?" I was confused, finally? "What do you me by that roxas?" "(Name) Axel been in love with you from the first time he saw you. If he tells you other wise, he's lying. He only had eyes for you." 

Axel had loved me, only me. Happy, and wanted were feeling that overwelmed me. I looked back at Axel, "so since the first time you saw me," my brow raised and getting cocky. Returing my look he brought his face close to mine, "I've got you memorized since day one hot stuff."