Prologue

unedited.

+pleasevoteandcomment

***

Over three thousand years ago, there lived a Pureblood family which consisted of three siblings. From oldest to youngest, their names were Rido, Haruka and Juri Kuran. They lived through the period where the Humans believed there were no such things as Vampires. Being the oldest, yet strongest race, the Kuran family stayed hidden in the shadows and dared not to show that they were monsters in human form. They fed off of animals as they refused to take blood from humans, ever so believing that one day Humans and Vampires can be able to coexist.

Being a Pureblood comes with the responsibilities of passing down their bloods to maintain the unmixed ancestry and/or descent line. This would mean Juri, the only female among her siblings, would have to choose between her brothers. Because of this, Rido and Haruka's relationship grew sour and Juri is fought over. As a young girl, Juri had never approved of marriage between blood-related siblings but overtime she grew to understand the responsibilities of a Pureblood and seek to carry out them out.

Eventually after Haruka insisted on annoying her by pursing her dogmatically, Juri had fallen in love with him. Rido was in love with Juri to the point he was obsessed with her, however he was rejected after she had chosen Haruka as her husband. This added fuel to the fire and darkness shrouded Rido's mind. He kept his relationship with Haruka and Juri as if her rejection hadn't affected him, however he waited to strike at the right moment. 

When Haruka and Juri got together, they created a family and Juri gave birth to her first son named Kaname Kuran. All was well until Rido stole him and in the process had sacrificed the child's flesh and blood to awaken the ancestor Kaname.

Fast forward to the next hundred years, after Rido's disappearance, he found another lover who he only used to drink blood off from. Her name was Sumire Uesaka. She was a beautiful Aristocrat with lilac hair and blue eyes, who had met Rido a few times during Vampire gatherings. She had fallen in love with him at first sight and seek to help hide him as well as provide the resources that he needs to survive. Though being such a person that he is, Rido did not love the woman like how she loved him. He only planned to use and dispose of her once he was done planning his revenge. She had been pregnant with his child. When he first heard the news, he was very irritated but he faked the joy in his eyes just for her happiness. What he didn't expect was when she gave birth it cost her life and on a Sunday night, Sumire Uesaka passed away, leaving behind their child. 

Rido had plans for the newborn baby girl and was one of the reasons why he chose not to kill it while it was unborn. He took the child and took it to the location where his so-called siblings lived. He placed the child in front of their doorstep, only wrapped in a piece of cloth in the cold weather. He knew the disgusting kindness in Haruka and Juri's hearts would be the cause that they would not turn away from a defenceless child and so he planned to leave the child there. Once they found out they child was his, it would torment their minds.

And it did.

Juri and Haruka came home to find a newborn baby in front of their step and took it under their wings. They decided to nurture it and provide for its needs like how parents would to their child. Kaname, gave them a helping a hand and too, showed it the love it needed. It all seemed like a happy story until the baby grew to the point it would be able to open it's eyes fully. Juri and Haruka were happy to see this but then a thought dawned upon them. Mismatched. The baby girl's eyes were mismatched, exactly like someone who they knew all too well. Eventually they picked up the pieces and matched them, coming to the point where they finally realised Rido's intentions was to torment them.

And it did.

The child no longer was provided with its needs, no longer were shown the love she once experienced and was given the cold shoulder.

She became neglected.

As the child reached the age of seven, her mind came to process things.  Each time she approached Juri, who she called 'mother', even with the slightest touch, she would back away and scream for Haruka. It was as if her 'mother' was scared of her. Her 'father' was wary around her and could not relax whenever she was near them. The child rarely got to see Kaname, her 'brother,' as he often goes on trips. He rarely has time to spend at home.

The child envied her 'sister' Yuki. Yuki never once missed a day without hugs. What was a hug? The child would think. Would it be that form of physical intimacy in which two or more people wrap their arms each other? What did it feel like? It's often questions like these are kept locked up in the child's mind. She wished for what Yuki had, but she could never get it.

Why not?