Chapter 7 - Uchiha Madara

This chapter is dedicated to Asuka87! Happy reading! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobirama pov:

"What do you mean, you don't know what happened?! How could you be so unaware when something happens to one of you own village's residents?!" I roared at the middle aged man standing in front of me.

The man trembled under my harsh gaze and stuttered out some incoherent words. He averted his eyes from me nervously and settled into silence, unable to answer my question.

"Tobirama! That's no way to be talking to a man much older than you!" Aniki scolded from beside me. "And it's not his fault. None of the people here are shinobi so how can you expect them to notice when someone sneaks into the village and into someone's house! Besides, Akina san's house is slightly away from the rest of the houses, rendering her isolated from the rest."

"That's why I told you to force her to come with us to the Senju Compound! She would have been safe with us! Now we don't even know who took her and whether she is safe!" I said feeling very frustrated at the moment.

It wasn't just about Akina san's skill in healing being an asset to us. She was an innocent person with no link to the war whatsoever! There was no reason for her to be pulled into the dangerous situations that shinobi have to face on the battlefield. Besides, there was no guarantee that she would be treated gently by those to expect her to serve as their healer!

Ever since the first day Aniki san and I met her in this village, I felt the need to protect her and watch over her. I've lost count of the number of times I had tried to press both Tou san and Aniki to have her brought to the Senju Compound where she would be within our sight, safe and treated with utmost care. But they had disagreed, giving importance to her wish to not be allied with any single clan. I respected her wishes too and found that trait in her admirable but just thinking of what had happened because of us being so undecided about it made me feel extremely frustrated and anxious.

"What you say is true, Tobirama, but we cannot change what has happened. We have to put in our strength to find Akina san now and make sure she is alright. Ojisan, did any shinobi come to Akina san for treatment recently? Perhaps someone you haven't seen before?" Aniki asked the elder while managing to keep up his calm façade, very much unlike me.

"W-well, she did have two shinobi come to her late in the night two days ago....after the festival. They were in really bad shape – one of them was bleeding profusely and was unconscious. Akina chan helped them and they left yesterday morning. They looked a little intimidating." The old man said with a slight frown.

"It's obviously the Uchiha! No other clan would stoop so low as to kidnap a healer for their upliftment after seeing how good she is!" I sneered. Just the thought of that clan made me furious!

"Let's not jump into conclusions, Tobirama." Aniki said placing a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"What did they look like?" I ignored Aniki and questioned the old man.

"Hmm....as I remember, both of them had black hair and black eyes. The older of the two had short hair reaching till his neck and the younger one had hair reaching till his mid back and in a ponytail. I'm almost sure I sat l saw the older one's eyes turn red once but I can't be sure."

"What were they wearing? Did you see their clan symbol on their clothes or armor?" I pressed.

"They weren't wearing armor. But I did see a white and red hand fan painted on the back of their clothes."

"Aniki! I was right! It's those damn Uchiha! We have get Akina san back from them!" I snapped angrily.

"Just because two Uchiha men got medical treatment from Akina san, it doesn't prove that they were the ones who took her away. There are many people from different clans who know of Akina san and her skills in healing. It was our fault for not providing her security as soon as we went back to the Senju Compound." Aniki defended.