EIGHT

I am going to kill that man I used to refer to as my friend.  We arrived late last night and after a quick meal we immediately went to sleep.  It was an exhausting flight.  Now I am in this decadent looking bedroom, staring in shock at what Ioan has done to me.  

When I first woke up this morning, I immediately went to the glass balcony doors in my room and flung them open and was immediately mesmerized by the view in front of me.  The clearest, bluest see through green water I have ever laid eyes upon called out to me so I immediately went to my bags to get one of my swimming trunks and to my utter shock and dismay, all I found were these tiny little ughhhhh....

I cannot go outside in these things but I want to fold myself in those beautiful waves.  Having no clue what to do I suddenly hear the stirrings of my friends and I immediately head for the one I may kill after all for doing this to me.

I hear noises coming from the huge living room area that houses the direct access to the breath taking beautiful beach behind us.  I look right at Ioan and he takes off and hides behind his one true love.  "Oh, he is not going to save you.  Come here!"

Conner is looking at us funny as Ioan takes a deep sigh and very slowly walks over to me.  "Why?"  With an Oscar winning look of pure innocence on his face, he has the nerve to say, "Why what?"  "Really Ioan?  Really?"  "Come on, do not be like that Albert."

Conner comes over to us and says, "What is going on guys?"  As he wraps his arms around his man I look at him and say, "Nothing.  Just forget it."  Then looking right in Ioan's face as I say while pointing at him, "You do not talk to me."  And like a seasoned diva, I stomped right out of that room as a roar of laughter followed me.

**********

I have tried every pair of these barely there teeny little swim suits and am mortifiedEveryone is already outside enjoying themselves so I pick the royal blue boy short ones and just put them on and try to find a towel to wrap around myselfI can cover up until I hit the water and then I can be free to enjoy the sea.  As it turns out, he took all of my towels too.

Not wanting to miss out on the fun already going on outside, I head on towards the living room and go  up to the glass doors leading to the beach.  I take a deep sigh in and as I walk through them, I immediately feel his gaze roaming my body like a gentle caress.

Avoiding everyone's gaze, I storm over to where Ioan is laying and say, "I really could kill you for this."  Then I unceremoniously plop myself down on the recliner next to him as he laughs hysterically.  "It is not funny Ioan.  I feel just about naked here."

With a smirk on his face he says, "Like I told you before Albert, you are gorgeous so start flaunting it and you just might attract the right kind of attention."  Rolling my eyes at him I say, "I do not have time for that.  I have my life mapped out and I cannot let anything distract me."

I notice him glance over at Garreth who I know is still gazing at me on and off.  I can feel every time his eyes are focused on me.  I try to glance at this man without bringing any attention to myself and am hypnotized by his masculinity.  He is wearing form fitting swimming trunks and they leave nothing to the imagination.

Conner then approaches us and with happiness in his voice says to me, "Get off my baby."  "Hmmm, nope he is quite comfy!"  Then I wrap myself around his man like a Kuala bear pretty much causing him to give me the I am going to kick your ass look!  Immediately not getting his way he actually whines when he says, "Baby!"  Resigning himself to his fate like he is being put out Ioan says to me, "Fine, fine.  Albert get the hell off me and go get wet.  I am sure that will be a glorious sight to behold!"  I give him an evil look as I say, "Fine...just send me away.  Bad friend."  Then I pout for good measure.

As I get up and start to head towards the water, he says, "Do not be daft, you know I still love you!"  "Yeah, yeah...", I say waving them both away as I go to the edge where beach meets water and it is so refreshing when the waves crest at my feet.

I immediately jump in and am taken away into what I like to call my happy place.  Being in the water gives me this sense of calm.  My mind empties of everything and I get to focus on just swimming.  

After about an hour or two, I notice that the guys are all out of the water and the staff is now setting up the buffet table for lunch.  At the thought of food, my stomach starts to grumble painfully and now I immediately head back for shore to get some of what I already know will be some very delicious food.

Everything is hazy since I left my glasses by Ioan but I can make out shapes and colors.  Seeing movement towards the food I take that as my opportunity to get out of the water and get my eyes back on my face and steal Ioan's towel so then I can get some food.

Coming out of the water and walking closer to the crew, I suddenly hear a loud crashing noise near the buffet area.  I do not need to put on my glasses to know who it is.  The entire time getting out of the water, his gaze kept me warm and a bit aroused.  I do not understand what all the fuss is about.

Then I suddenly hear Conner whistle at me causing me to blush to my embarrassment.  He has the nerveto be laughing like a hyena.  Ioan looks none to happy with him.  As I approach Ioan and his idiot boyfriend, I watch Garreth come over and slap Conner up the side of his head causing him to fall out of his chair.  

Then shockingly to me, he growls at his friend with a threatening voice and says, "Do not dare  to tease him."  I cannot tell you what force drove me to his side, but I felt compelled towards him and once I was standing in front of Garreth, I carefully laid my hand on his arm and took in the humming vibrations  going through my hand.

I look up into his beautiful soulful eyes and say, "It is okay.  Ioan would never let him get away with that.  Calm down okay!"  What I see reflective in his eyes thrills and scares me at the same time.  I can finally see what my father was talking about.  

I see his longing, I see tenderness but most important and terrifying of all, I see love.  I can see his love for me and in that moment, I decide to let it all go and just follow my heart.  Then I pull him with me as I walk over to get my glasses back on and then we both go back over to the buffet table since our stomachs our now sounding out a symphony titled HUNGER!