15. Shit just got real.

Wren felt really good returning home. With the solution to his problems safely tucked away in his satchel he actually looked forward to seeing Art again.

A wrinkle appeared on his forehead thinking about the trouble Art could get in when he wasn't there to protect him. He didn't trust Nox and doubted that Spike was able to keep up with his cheeky little Omega.

He wondered how his first day in the stables went. If he would like the clothes he picked out for him.

"I thought you didn't care about Art?" Casper grinned.

"I don't", Wren replied with a frown. "He's just an annoying little pest making my life miserable."

"Sure he is", Casper snickered. "Then why do you get this stupid smile on your face whenever you think about how he would look in the new clothes that you bought?"

"Only because Art doesn't take pride in his appearance, doesn't mean that I want him running around in dirty rags. I have my own reputation to think off", Wren grunted, making Casper laugh.

"You give me a hard time caring for Charlotte, but you're doing the same thing with Art. I'm telling you, Wren; They are made for us."

Wren roughly shook his head.

"Maybe that goes for you and Charlotte, but Art definitely wants nothing to do with me."

Casper sighed. He was happy that Wren didn't deny the possibility that Art was his mate, but missed the joy that should accompany the realization.

"Don't you think you're over reacting?"

Wren shook his head.

"No. Once he finds out the truth he'll hate me and reject me for sure."

Casper felt the waves of worry and pain wash over him.

"Well then. We'll just have to seal the bond before he finds out, won't we", Casper smiled.

Wren let out a mock gasp.

"How evil!"

Casper shook his head.

"Since a rejection would kill us I'm just going with the old saying; All is fair in love and war."

He smiled before becoming more serious.

"I'm not just talking about Art. We really need to do something about Nox. He's been a pain in our sides for too long. You know he's just looking for an opportunity to take us down. Now with Art in the picture and the upcoming birthday of Prince Alexi, we are going to be very busy and vulnerable for attacks from our own barracks."

"You think he'll be so stupid as to use our own men to commit an act of betrayal?" Wren hissed.

"I think he'll manipulate the situation like he always does. Although I don't know when, I'm certain he's going to make a move and very soon."

Wren felt the inevitable truth and spurred on his horse, hurrying home to Art.

After dropping of his things at home and finding the place empty, he ran towards the stables. Ignoring the sarcastic remarks of Casper about dignity and appearance he arrived at a deserted stable.

"Where is everyone and where are all the horses?" he yelled at a passing guard.

"They went out to the field for a training exercise, Captain."

"Was this planned?", he asked a frowning guard.

"I really don't know, Sir. I could ask the Stable-master, if you like?" the guard added now slightly trembling by the sight of his angry superior.