VI

The trailer of the book is in the banner above for those who still didn't watch it, I forgot to mention that before XD

~

Self-defense.

The defense of one's person, especially through the use of physical force, which is permitted in certain cases as an answer to a charge of violent crime.

Something that a lot of people need to master, especially in the world we are living in today.

The ability to defend yourself against rape, violence, harassment, bullying..etc.

The ability to defend yourself against the cruelty of the world.

I was always a fan of storytelling as a kid, so I heard a lot of stories, and no matter how unrealistic and imaginary most of them were, they taught me something, or made me believe in something to be precise.

Self-defense.

I believed that if the little red riding hood knew how to defend herself, she could have protected herself against the wolf and may have helped her grandmother before it was too late.

So I asked if I could take classes that would teach me how to fight and protect myself, which to my parents was weird because they believed that I was so young to think of such things, and instead, I should be playing with my toys and building doll houses. But they made me take the classes I wanted to take so bad at the age 6. Karate classes. These classes with my already assigned gymnastics lessons, which helped me as well.

As I learned certain moves that I believed would kill anyone who touched me, whatsoever I was a kid who thought she was invincible and helped kids who were being bullied with her brother trying to spread peace, I just felt very proud of myself.

I mean, it was a good feeling. To know you were slightly able to look out for yourself and protect yourself if anyone attacks you in any way. It made me feel stronger, safer.

Now, there were a lot of weapons for self-defense that would either kill or cause enough damage for you to escape: pepper guns, self-defense spray, self-defense taser...you name it. Though, I will always prefer physical force over those weapons, but that doesn't mean I don't have at least one of those weapons always with me. I mean, taking precautions was never a bad thing. I always had my bow and an arrow with me in a back-bag, specifically whenever I'm outside with Zoella.

I felt my arm being tugged at. Looking down, I found Zoella pointing and jumping at an ice-cream store across the street. I smiled, "Zoe, it's 7:30 in the morning. You don't eat ice-cream at such an early hour," I said or I lied because it's never too early nor too late for ice cream, or anything that tastes heavenly in fact.

"But you pwomised." she frowned.

"I did, and I will keep up my promise just after school, okay?" I said, as I halted, bending down to be at eye level with her.

She squinted her eyes at me, "I said I promise Zoe, do I ever break my promises huh?" she opened her mouth to speak. "Okay fine, maybe I did break a couple, but I promise I won't break this one." I smiled sheepishly at her.

"Finee after school, but I want a big one," she said, squinting her eyes even more.

"Okay, now remove that frown off your face and smile," I said but she still kept her frown on.