Chapter 22

Chaeyoung’s POV

I pulled Mina unnie to where people parked their cars so she could get away from all that drama. She looked shaken up and thinking deeply with sad face. I gently hugged her and held her in my arms for a while, until she stopped shaking. Then I let go and noticed tears on her cheeks and I slowly wiped those away with my fingers. I left my hand on her cheek a little longer before saying.

“Hey. Everything is okay now. You’re safe. I will never let anything happen to you again.” I tell Mina unnie.

She looks up at me with sad eyes and sighs before shaking her head. “I need to be alone Chaeng.” The moment she said that my heart broken a little. After everything she just wants to be alone, what the heck.

She starts to walk away, but I’m not going to let her push me away again so I grab her arm and turn her to face me.

“Don’t you dare push me again Mina unnie. Please just let me in..” I plead.

She gives me a sad look and turns, but I’m not letting her go anywhere. I turn her to face me again.

“Damn it Mina unnie. Every time I think your opening up, you build back up your walls. Wae?!” I ask.

Mina unnie looks at me and by now I can tell she’s a little pissed with me and emotional.

“You just don’t understand Chaeng.. Okay. I’m like a ticking time bomb. I’m damaged beyond repair and I don’t know what to do. You don’t understand how much it hurts every day to wake up and see all the scars and remember the accident and see Sinb every time I close my eyes. I’m a mess and I don’t want to drag you in it.” She practically yells at me.

I guess I get over emotional too because I’m yelling back.

“But I want to be involved. I want to help you. I want to understand how you feel. I care about you so much.”

“Why do you care so much! You shouldn’t. I don’t want to hurt you Chaeyoung. Everyone around me always gets hurt and I can’t lose you too.” She says.

The moment she says the last sentence my heart warms up. I can’t help but get closer to her and caress her cheek which shocks her.

“Mina unnie I’m not going anywhere. I’m here to stay.” I say as I pull her closer to me.

This time neither of us hesitates and nothing interrupts us as our lips make contact. I didn’t get any fireworks like I’m the movies, I got something so much better. I felt complete when we kiss, like everything was fine. I didn’t feel a care in the world. In that moment I was happy because I was kissing the most beautiful girl.

We both broke away from the kiss to take a breather. I put my forehead on hers and looked at her intense eyes. Then she leaned in to kiss me and I put my arms around her neck to pull her closer. Her arms went around my waist and in her embrace I felt strong and alive.

We stopped kissing and just hugged for a while. Then we went back to the car and just sat. I was holding her in my arms and I felt a pure bliss. After a few minutes Nayeon unnie and Dahyun came then so did Momo. Nayeon unnie had a few scratch on her face but nothing serious, apparently she broke Somi’s nose though. And Sana unnie gave Chungha a bruised cheek.

On the drive back Mina fell asleep facing the window. She must have been so drained from everything that happened today. Her position looked uncomfortable so I pulled her towards me, and let her use my arm as a pillow. Then I started playing with her hair and putting a strand behind her ear. She looked so adorable and I couldn’t believe that I finally kissed her.

When we got to her house I woke up, but she was pretty sleepy so she held on to my waist as I helped her inside. Dahyun help her up the stairs and placed her on the bed. Then I lay on the bed with her and caressed her cheek.

I asked my mom if I could stay over at Mina unnie house and she said yes. So I got comfortable in the bed and snuggle close to Mina unnie. It was getting late so I turned the lamp light off and kissed Mina unnie on the head and closed my eyes. Then I felt Mina reach over to put her around my waist to pull me closer. I then drifted off to sleep the best way possible, wrapped with her arms around me.

---
Yes. They kissed. Finally. They really did. Without anyone barging in. Without getting interrupted by Nayeon and jeongyeon. Hahaha you're welcome guys 😂😂