Chapter 49

A.N. I included one of my all time favourite kpop songs above. Please Enjoy.

The 7th Sense - NCT U

***********************

I awoke to a shrill repetitive sound echoing around the room. I groaned and lifted my heavy head from the pillow. My messy hair hung in front of my face hindering my search for the source of the noise. I brushed it back from my face and spotted my phone on the bedside table on the opposite side of the bed. Iver removed his arm from my waist and hit the end call button. The room became quiet once again.

Iver groaned and rolled over until he was facing me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer once again. I giggled as he began to place butterfly kisses up and down my neck. "Stop Iver, you're tickling me!" I wheezed through my laughter but he persisted. I tried to pull away but his arms pulled me even closer and his fingers started tickling my sides too. My limbs started flailing and before I knew it Iver was groaning in pain and hunched over in the bed. I had kicked him in the balls.

I gasped and placed my hands over my mouth, "I'm so so sorry Iver" I apologised trying not to laugh at the same time.

"It's fine," He said through gritted teeth.

I leaned over and kissed him on the forehead, "You did deserve it though, to be fair" I mumbled through my laughter, "At least you've learned now to never tickle me again!"

Once the pain subsided Iver began to laugh at the situation too. He kissed me on the lips and then rested his forehead against mine, "Thank god we already have Raoul because I doubt we'd be able to have any more kids after that blow to the family jewels," he exclaimed. I snorted with laughter and was about to reply when I was interrupted by the same shrill ringing noise from earlier.

Iver went to hit the end call button once again but I stopped him, "here look, it may be important just pass it over to me please."

Iver handed it to me and then placed his arm over his eyes. I checked my notifications and saw that I had 4 missed calls from Alice my sister and about 20 from my mother Maire. I frowned in disbelief that Alice would actually call me. I hadn't heard from her in three years.

I quickly answered the phone to Alice, "Hello?" I greeted while biting my nail.

"Thank god you answered! What is wrong with you why didn't you pick up?" She exclaimed.

I sighed and rolled my eyes... I didn't miss the drama anyway. "I was asleep. What's wrong?"

"Father is after having a heart attack. Mum found him this morning. We rushed him to hospital in the ambulance. The doctors are currently seeing to him but he hasn't regained consciousness..." My heart was pumping so loudly in my chest that I could barely hear her over it. She continued in the background but I could only pick up a few words every now and again, "low chance"... "death"... "coma".

"I'm on the way. I'll get the next flight back" I said while simultaneously getting out of bed and shoving things into my bag. Iver's arm dropped from his face and he sat up in bed quickly. "Everything okay?" He mouthed while watching me pack my bag. I ignored him for the moment.

"Be careful" Alice mumbled before hanging up. I was too panicked to even notice that Alice was actually being nice for once. I continued to franticly pack my bag until two hands grabbed my shoulders stopping me. Iver turned me to face him and looking me in the eyes.

"Talia will you please calm down! What's the problem? We can sort it out together." I signed and fell onto the edge of the bed and put my head in my hands.