Race against time

It feels like I've been trapped in here forever, with only the darkness for company. I literally no longer have any concept of time.
The hours have passed and I've been stuck to this stupid chair the whole time, constantly being beaten up for no apparent reason.
I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to die here and there's nothing that I can do to stop that.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Look what's just been posted through the door," Nick said picking up a scrap of paper that had just fallen through the letterbox.

He opened the door in hope of spotting who'd delivered this message, but saw no one. "What is it?" I asked running down the stairs."

"It's a postcode, I think," he said squinting at the writing - trying to see through the words. "And it says no police on it too."

"That seems dodgy," Theo replied.

"Let's just go to it then," Caleb said overhearing from the next room.

"Yeah, what have we got to loose?" I asked grabbing my jacket and putting my shoes on.

We got together the rest of our brothers and got in the van, Nick set the sat-nav to the right location and then we set off.

The building that we arrived at seemed to be rundown and straight away I could tell that something just didn't seem right about it. I think we all could.

Dylan (always having been the most fearless out of the 10 of us) led the way towards the entrance. Upon reaching the door, he waited for Nick to catch up before knocking on the door.

We could tell in our guts that this was where Alicia was, we just didn't really want to think about what state she was in though.

3 big men opened the door wearing all black and balaclavas so that there faces were covered. We didn't know who they were, and we didn't care. We just want our sister back and I wanted my twin.

"Where is she?" Theo asked daringly.

"We can discuss that after you give us the money," one of the men growled back.

"What money?" Nick asked.

"15 million, for the girl - or she dies," one of the other men answered. That really set my brothers off.

"I don't know who you think you are," Nick said squaring up to them. "But you are getting nothing off us, and we will be leaving with my sister."

One of the guys started to laugh, and that pushed Dylan over the edge. He went in for the punch and everyone started fighting.

I did what I could too, and we easily over powered them. Or so we thought.

We had them up against the wall when one of them pulled a knife out and lunged towards Tyler and stabbed it into his arm.

"Are you okay?" I asked him concerned.

"Yeah," he stuttered. "We need to concentrate on finding Alicia."

We locked the 3 guys in a storage room and cautiously proceeded through the building calling for Alicia. There was no response, and we began to worry.

We checked every room twice before finding another door at the back of one empty room. Aaron kicked through the locked door and after fumbling around for a light switch, we found our sister.

She was blindfolded, gagged and tied to a chair and out of nowhere I just started crying. I couldn't stand seeing her like that, she was black and blue and bleeding all over.

"Call an ambulance," Elliott said whilst we all rushed over to untie her.

She seemed to be drifting in and out of consciousness, and as she lay limp in Aaron's arms as we hurried out of the building - we could tell that she was fighting for her life.

It was horrible seeing her in such pain, and we were all in tears by the time the ambulance and police turned up. I pushed my way through my siblings to get in the ambulance with Theo, Aaron and Tyler as Nick went to the van to drive everyone else to the hospital.

It was a race against time.