[Chapter 10]: Thank you

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Katsuki's head shot up. His body almost moved on instinct as he jumped up and slammed his hand on your clocks snooze button. Peering around the room, he was confused about where he was until his eyes set upon you sleeping on the low top table. Drool was running down the sides of your mouth, and your face still wore a peaceful expression. He looked back down at the clock.

"5:00 am. Who in the actual fuck wakes up at 5:00 am?" He growled quietly

He glanced below the time and saw that the alarm was labeled 'Training'. Before he realized it, he had opened your window and chucked the alarm clock out. Fuming, he turned to where you were slouched over the table and walked back. He stood there and hovered over your sleeping body.

"You stay up all night to study and then get up early to train... You really are the biggest idiot (y/n)." Katsuki was quiet so that he wouldn't wake you. He began picking up all his school supplies and packing them away, stealing looks at you every so often.

Standing up, he made his way towards the door. Opening it, he found himself halting suddenly. 

"Dammit!" He whispered before turning around and walking back over to you. He lowered himself, wrapping his arms around your back and legs before lifting you up. Your head fell against his chest as you continued to breathe softly. Katsuki carried you over to your bed, glancing down at your face before lowering your body into the soft sheets.

"God, YOU'RE SO MUCH TROUBLE YOU KNOW THAT?!" He found himself yelling and whispering simultaneously. You were still out like a rock. "AND YOU'RE GONNA STAY HERE TODAY SO I DON'T HAVE TO SEE YOUR FAT FUCKING HEAD." He stomped over the door, grinding his teeth together.

He made his way downstairs and almost out the front door before turning around and running back upstairs to pull the covers over you.

- - -

You woke up from the most restful sleep you had gotten in ages. Stretching your arms up, you release a large yawn before rubbing your eyes. A moment later, your eyes shoot open.

"WHAT TIME IS IT?!" You search around for your alarm clock but it's nowhere to be found. Instead, you pull out your phone to check. "Shit it's 11!"

You quickly jump out of bed to put your uniform on. Grabbing your stuff off the table, you notice a small pool of drool. Tilting your head, you suddenly remember last night.

"But how did I get over to my bed? And where did my alarm clock go..." you questioned silently to yourself before running out the door to get to school.

-At School-

"I'M SORRY IM LATE!" You busted through the door of classroom 1-A, panting furiously.

"Ah (y/n), I thought you were sick today." Aizawa calmly responded.

"Sick? I didn't call the school though." You had a puzzled look on your face.

"Oh, Bakugou filled out an absence slip for you." You glanced over to Katsuki who was shaking in anger and avoiding eye contact with you.

Why would he do something like that?

"Well I'm feeling much better so do you mind if I stay the rest of the day?"

"I don't care, just sit down already..." Aizawa mumbled. You nodded and proceeded to your seat.

After class had ended, you stood and turned around to face Katsuki. He was still avoiding eye contact with you. You folded your arms over each other and spoke.

"So you just gonna sit there and twiddle your dick or are you gonna give me some answers?" He ignored you.

"Why are you not answering, it's not a tough question..." After egging him on a bit, you eventually gave up. "Fine whatever, I'm going home so don't wait up for me." You huffed and left the room. Katsuki was still looking out the window when Kaminari approached him.

"Did you just have a lovers quarrel?" Katsuki's eyes widened and his voice rose.

"LOVERS MY ASS. AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS YOU DAMN EXTRA!" Kaminari took a step back and put his hands in front of him.

"Woah woah, I got the message." Kaminari's phone suddenly beeped. He proceeded to pull it out of his pocket and check his notifications. It caught Katsuki's attention.

"Oi, how the fuck do you already have a new phone?" Kaminari looked up.

"Ahh (y/n) bought me a new one the day after you broke mine. I told her she didn't need to do that, but she said she had a lot of extra money so it was no big deal. Also, she had already bought it so I'd feel bad if I said no." He rubbed the back of his neck, and a slight blush appeared on his cheeks. "She's pretty great." Katsuki's eyes narrowed before mumbling.

"Don't make that face..." Katsuki stood up and proceeded to exit the room. Kaminari only watched him as he left, a bit confused.

He made his way out of the building before looking down with a solemn look on his face.

- - -

"Do you miss me that much hedgehog?" His eyes widened as he looked around the courtyard. There you were, standing behind one of the pillars.

"(Y/n)? Why the fuck are you still here?" He questioned. You smiled and walked over to him.

"It just wouldn't feel right to walk home without you, so I waited." You stopped in front of him and peered into his eyes. "I'm sorry I sounded upset earlier, I was just really confused this morning." Katsuki just stood there before looking down.

"What the fuck are you apologizing for...." He was mumbling before breaking out yelling. "IF YOU HAD JUST STAYED HOME AND FUCKING RESTED FOR ONCE, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN SUCH A SHITTY MOOD ANYWAYS. AND YOU BOUGHT A PHONE FOR THAT DUNCE FACE?! I WAS THE ONE THAT BROKE IT SO IT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY FOR IT. ALSO, WHO THE FUCK TRAINS AT 5AM BEFORE SCHOOL..."

He went on like that for awhile. You only smiled. He must have been worried about me. Before you realized it, your arms wrapped around his back, pulling him into you.

"Sorry Katsuki, I'll take care of myself better next time. Thank you for worrying." Your face burrowed into his chest. He froze, having no idea how to react.

"WH... WHO SAID I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU. IDIOT!" He didn't push you away, he just allowed you to stay there with your face against his chest. The feeling of your gentle breathing made his eyes soften for a moment

"Katsuki, your heart is beating really fast right now." You grinned. With that, he pushed you away.

"HAVING AN IDIOT FOR A FRIEND HAS INCREASED MY BLOOD PRESSURE, THAT'S ALL." He was very clearly flustered.

"Yes yes, I understand." You continued to smile. "Shall we?" He only rubbed the back of his head sheepishly and nodded, refusing to meet your eyes.

- - -

As you made your way down the sidewalk, you noticed something was shattered on the ground by the road. Walking over, you crouched down and examined the pieces.

"Is this my alarm clock? How the hell did it get all the way over here?" You noticed clear burn marks on the side of it. Your eyes narrowed and you glared up at Katsuki who hadn't said anything.

"Katsuki." His scowl intensified as he looked away. "Did you do this?" You could see him beginning the sweat.

"I'M TIRED, LET'S GO!" He evaded the question and continued down the road. You chuckled to yourself before getting up and smiling, following after him. You two didn't say a word, you only walked peacefully beside each other. As you parted, you whispered.

"Thank you Katsuki."