I Love You

"Jameson Reagan are you crying?!" Jamie wiped his eyes and shook his head. "No.. Ok maybe. There's just been a lot going on lately, and I'm always worried about you." I laughed and kissed his neck. "I swear on our child, nothing will happen to me. I love you Jamie. " He grinned. "I love you too. And I love our baby just as much."

That was 3 months ago and nothing has happened since. Our lives had been relatively calm. I was definitely showing now, I was being stopped everytime I went to the store. "How far along are you?" or "Aww, is it a boy or a girl?" And they would always put their hands on my stomach. It was annoying but I was too excited to be annoyed. Today we were doing our gender reveal party. "Aww, how far along are you?" And older woman walked up to me and touched my belly and I grinned. "I'm 5 months. And I'm finding out the gender today." She grinned. "Congratulations!" I thanked her and told her I needed to get to my gender reveal party.

I got to take the first shot, since I was the mother (obviously​). I squeezed the trigger and hit it, right on target, but nothing. Next was Jamie, nothing. Then Danny, nada. Then Linda, and Erin, and Frank, and Pops. Nope. I took my second turn, and still not anything. Then Jamie's turn again. He pulled the trigger and pink paint splattered everywhere. I grinned and everyone started clapping and yelling.  When the excitement calmed down, Jamie turned towards me and I laughed. "I told you!" He ran towards me and hugged me, showering me in kisses. "I'm gonna have a little girl!" I laughed and he gave me a long kiss on my forehead. He put his hand on my stomach and whispered "I love both of my girls" and I felt her kick for the first time. I jumped and then smiled and Jamie was grinning. Everyone had a look on their face because of our sudden smiles. "Guys, she kicked."  Everyone's lips turned up in a smile and Linda and Erin ran over to hug me. When we let go of the hug I turned to Jamie. "I believe you owe me $20 sir. We had a bet."
"I don't remember making that particular bet miss." I laughed and pressed a kiss to his lips. "Let's eat cupcakes now!"

1 hour and a lot of frosting fights later everyone was heading home or back to work like Jamie was. It was only around 12:00 and I got a call. It was Frank. He basically told me that the press wanted to interview me and Jamie and were outside the precinct, since the commissioners son was going to have a child. He said he would be waiting outside for us when we arrived. I thanked him and told Jamie the news, but it was too late. We stepped out of the car and a mob of reporters rushed up to us. Frank and Garrett were waiting for us. Everyone was shouting questions, how far along was I, was it a boy or a girl, was Jamie going to be there for her, it was too much. Garrett asked everyone to quiet down a bit and ask one question at a time. "Ma'am, what is your name and relationship with Jamie Reagan?"
"My name is Amari Wells, and Jamie is my boyfriend of 4 years, fiance of 6 months, and father of my child. " I looked at Jamie and he gave me a reassuring smile. "Amari, how far along are you?"
"I'm 19 weeks pregnant, or roughly 5 months."
"Ms. Wells, do you know the gender yet?"
"Yes, we are having a baby girl."
"Do you have a name picked out yet?" Jamie answered that one. "We don't have a name picked out yet, but we have been discussing some."
"Jamie, are you excited to become a father?" He nodded. "Absolutely. Amari is the love of my life and I can't wait to meet our baby girl." I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. "Amari, could you tell us what symptoms you are currently having?"
"Well currently I have back pain, heartburn, and headaches." Garrett spoke up. "One more question please, Officer Reagan has to get back to work."
"Can you two give us a kiss for the camera?" I laughed and Jamies face was slightly red. I turned towards him and gave him a long kiss and everyone said "awww". As the reporters and camera men walked away, I groaned. "That was fun." Jamie laughed. "I know right? 'what is your relationship with Jamie'? What​ kind of question is that?" I laughed. "A bad one. Now get to work. I'd give you another kiss but your dad and Garrett are over there and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to see that." Jamie laughed and gave me a peck on the cheek. "I love you Amari."
"I love you too baby." He made his way into the precinct and Frank and Garrett walked over to me. "That was great. She's a natural. Amari, you're really great in front of a camera." I laughed. "I have a lot of experience. Used to be a reporter." Garrett raised his eyebrow. "Never knew that."
"Well that's because I used the name Amari Weller instead of Amari Wells." Frank and Garrett had surprised looks on their faces. "The Amari Weller that was a reporter at the age of 15? The one that almost blew up our undercover case? The Amari Weller that was kidnapped my terrorists at the age of 16?" I nodded. "That would be me. I'm sorry about that undercover thing. Little too good at being a detective. I've been told I should go into law enforcement." Frank nodded. "Why didn't you?"
"I still might, but I love my job as a doctor for right now. I was actually thinking about going back to being an obstetrician."
"Well if you don't mind, I've got to get back to work. Garrett." I smiled. "I understand, you're probably busy being the commissioner and all. I'll see you later."