Chapter 26 - Pick Up

Chapter 26:

“Maddie, what’s wrong,” he asks, a sound of shuffling in the background of the call.

“Kian, I’m drunk and I need to go home,” I tell him, not sure if it actually came out of my mouth sounding like that or if it sounded more like gibberish.

“Where are you?” he asks me. I don’t actually know where I am at the moment so I look around me, taking in the surroundings.

I see the ocean to my right and to my left is a not-so-happy Brock. There is sand beneath my feet and the sun is nowhere to be seen.

“Madison, where are you?”Kian repeats, sounding worried and frantic.

“I’m on a beach,” I reply, not sure which beach I’m at. I feel like this is a very important beach that I shouldn’t be forgetting but I can’t put a finger on why.

“I’ll be there as soon as I can,” he says. “Why didn’t you call me off of your phone?”

I think about the answer for a while. “Well I didn’t want to have it at the beach. Oh, I’m at our beach, Kian,”
“Okay, I’ll be there soon,” Kian says before hanging up. I look at the phone in my hand wondering why Kian hung up before I erase the call from the phone’s history.

“Who did you call?” Brock asks, coming back over to where I am, now in reaching distance. He grabs his phone and shoves it in his pocket.

“My friend. He’s coming to get me,” I reply, sticking my tongue out at him. I have no idea why I did that.

“Well, I guess until then…” he gets much closer to me and puts a hand behind my back, pulling me close to him and trying to kiss me.

He plants his lips on mine and for a second I give in and kiss him back. Then, the only sense that my drunken mind still has kicks in and I break away from the kiss, trying to take a step back.

“Babe,” Brock growls, pulling me close to him again. I turn my face and he rolls his eyes, obviously annoyed with me. I begin to walk away, trying to make it to the front of the beach where I parked my car. I stumble a few times and I end up not being able to walk steadily, so Brock takes my elbow and leads me away from the spot we were at.

It will take Kian at least ten to fifteen minutes to get here and I really would rather not spend that time with Brock. He seems to only want to have sex with me. A few hours ago, that’s almost exactly what I wanted. I thought that that would make me feel better. I thought it would take all of my pain and worries away. When I almost got exactly what I wanted, I realized that that isn’t what I really want. I want to be happy, and my plan was not how to get there.

Neither is drinking. When Brock offered me a drink, I thought it would wash away my troubles. What the alcohol really did was bring them to the surface the second I stepped away from Brock. And now they are running through my mind faster than ever before.

I try not to think about Emily and the fact that she is mothering Kian’s child, but that’s the most recent memory on my mind.

I love Kian, but I can’t understand how he could be so incredibly stupid as to get a girl pregnant. He’s lucky word of this hasn’t gotten out because something like this could ruin his career.

I feel bad for Andrea in a way because she was just beginning to have a relationship with Kian when she found out. His drunken mistake ruined their relationship. She couldn’t get past the fact that he was soon going to be a father.

But honestly, could I? Could I be in a relationship with a guy that has a child on the way? He would have to give the mother of the baby a lot of time and attention just because they have a baby together.

And the fact that it is Emily makes the whole situation worse. I can’t imagine someone like her raising a child. If Kian and I were ever together I don’t think that I would be okay with Kian giving her attention. Maybe if it was a different girl I could, but her? I don’t know about that.

Brock and I finally make it to the sidewalk make of wood at the front of the beach. I don’t have any idea how much time has passed since I called Kian but I hope that it has been enough time so that he could be here already.

We stand there awkwardly, not really saying or doing anything but he keeps his arm around my waist.

Finally after what feels like forever, headlights get closer and park a little ways away from us before I hear a car door shut.

“Baby,” Brock says, turning me towards him. Before I even have time to react, he presses his lips up to mine and holds me tight against his body. I have absolutely no strength to push him away or turn away. He then proceeds to shove his tongue in my mouth.

I whimper, trying to get away from him. I press my hands in between our bodies, pushing as hard as I can but it’s no use.

“Hey!” a familiar voice comes from behind me, sounding angry.

Brock doesn’t let up on the kiss, only using Kian’s call as reason to kiss harder.

I keep trying to push and pull away but he has his grip.

I whimper again before I’m literally ripped away from Brock. The grip he had on me is now gone and I’m on the ground due to my lack of balance. Before I know it, Kian’s fist is flying at Brock’s face.

Brock stumbles back, but regains his balance. He lunges to punch Kian but Kian quickly dodges the fist and throws one himself.

I stand up as quick as I can, trying not to fall over.

“Stop!” I try to say as loud as I possibly can. I pull on Kian’s arm.

Suddenly Kian’s attention goes completely to me.

“Are you okay?” Kian asks me, putting an arm around my waist.

Right before I respond, Kian is knocked backwards by Brock’s fist connecting with his face. I scream out of fright, Kian quickly standing up and going back at Brock.

“Kian!” I yell, trying to get them to stop.

Kian punches Brock once more, sending Brock to the ground.

“Don’t touch her again,” Kian threatens before returning to me. Without another word, he grabs my arm and takes me to his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for the wait! I had a busy week!

I don't have time to write out numbers right now so just comment what you want to happen. :)

thank you for your patience and all the lovely comments and Votes last chapter!

xox -Delilah