C H A P T E R S E V E N

-

-

"He won't give up without a fight if he knows that you won't kill her."

"He'll have no strength left once I'm done with him."

"But he will be mine, yes?"

"I'm a man of my word."

-

                    The beast king purred contently in his place, in his rightful place besides his sleeping queen

                    The beast king purred contently in his place, in his rightful place besides his sleeping queen. He observed her long thick eyelashes as it caressed her prominent cheekbones, luscious lips slightly parted in her unconscious state, she gave off the aura of an innocent and ethereal being; the complete opposite of what he was, and that's how he preferred it to be.

Nuzzling her with the side of his face, he heard her whimper and cuddle closer to him, her small hands clutching his right when he had offered it to her when he felt her search for something to hold on to, like a lost child looking for its guardian.

He didn't want to leave her when she was at her most vulnerable but he had some business to take care of, one of them being that he'll need to send numerous hawks to his troops to cease the search of his queen, and another would be the lycan that was still in his castle. So, with a sigh, he kissed the mark that his canines left on the crook of her neck before he reluctantly disentangled himself from his gift. Putting on his discarded clothes, he made sure that she was comfortable enough and proceeded to walk towards where the scents of a shifter, a guardian and a lycan was.

"How long do I exactly need to wait?" Damian grumbled from his place besides the hearth. "And are the chains really necessary? I promise, I'm a good boy."

Norward felt the sides of his lips twitch as he watched his two companions bicker for the past four hours. He had, surprisingly, ushered them to one of the many parlors when he'd finished delivering the girl to the king. He wasn't sure what was currently transpiring with the beast and the gift, but with the time that's gone by, so unlike the most, he was already hoping and praying to the Mother that this girl was in fact his lady.