thirty one

disclaimer; yes we have skipped ahead six months, things needed to progress.
Harry and Lola have graduated high school, more details are revealed throughout this chapter and future chapters of what happened there.
If you're confused, let me know and I'll edit the chapter or answer your questions as best I can.

***

lola – six months later.

The sun of the first day of summer gleamed through the large, open window in my bedroom. The glossy lace curtains draped to the side causing the area to be pooled with light and love. The white sheets I laid upon softened against my skin, just like the movements of a boy next to me who had chestnut hair laying against his glowing skin.

With the weather warming up, his tone had been kissed to a sunlit tan and his arms had now formed more muscle as they tensed against the mattress below. The first day of summer dawned new comings and the flowers bloomed with our destiny.

A whole season had passed since we all lost Sean, a season filled with flowers and spring laughs under a warm sun, a whole spring missed with the presence of a bright smile with crooked teeth. We mourned–especially Harry–but kept optimistic to grow with the new season and remember him fondly rather than bitterly.

I blink my eyes heavily once, twice, and three times as I stared out the open window at the blue skies. I always thought back to the funeral of the brown eyed boy with kissed blond hair, and how his death had grown roots inside me that dug into the ground, but there sprouted a new emerald forest filled with love. Guilt always consumed me, in the shower or along the sidewalk near his home, but Harry kept the light inside me during those darkening moments.

"Good morning sleepy head," I mumbled to the snoring boy next to me, turning my body to gaze at him. "You have college today, gotta get up."

Nothing but an intent growl echoed from his lips. "Cmon, Harry." I chuckled.

"Five more minutes."

I ignore his protest for more sleep and slide my body from the bed, the edges of my toes curl against the carpet as I peer out my window and admire the warm morning upon us.

Although it seemed I was still wary of that figure lurking outside the shape of my home, no incidents had occurred since last autumn but I still bubbled with anxiety every time I left my curtains open or peered in the direction that had put fear inside me.

I turn to the boy in my bed and smile, a sense of security washing along with the image of his sleeping body. "Harry," I sigh. "You have to get up, you don't want to be late, that'll make your professor angry."

Harry rolls his head, tired green eyes peer at me in a nonchalant annoyance as I smiled sweetly at him. "I'm sorry, but my professor is dating my mother," I'd heard this before. "I hate the man, I'm not arriving early to his stupid class."

It seemed last winter Harry's mother had met a rather charming middle-aged man, a client of hers whom she was enchanted by straight away. After an awkward dinner, Harry instantly grew a distaste for the man and warned his mother of this. But she ignored her obnoxious son and began seeing–I believe his name was Paul? Yeah, Paul–she began seeing him quite regularly and later on after Harry was accepted into Chelsea College, it was revealed Paul was actually going to be one of Harry's professors there.

"He's not as bad as you have conjured up in your mind," I throw my robe around my shoulders as I watch Harry toss under the sheets, that childish pout on his lips. "You have mid-year exam preparation today, you need to stay focused on that instead."