Elijah 1

Elijah POV

"Have fun in school!" Mom tells us.
I jump out of the car, Clara and Caleb behind me. Our school was near the sea and the beach. When we had free hour everybody headed to the beach and chilled out.
But the most strangest part was the huge statue of my mom. They moved it from the marketplace to here, since we have big parades in the year and it was really annoying.
Although a mom in action statue in your school scared bullies of, so I should be grateful.

"Woah, I can't believe we're actually freshmen." Clara squeals as my mom drives off.
I lay my hand on her shoulder. It feels good to have her back.
You learn how much you love someone when they're ripped away from you. I learned I love Clara a lot, it was hard getting over her death.
But we had her back, mom said, that's the only thing that matters.

"Yeah, so today are tryouts, right?" Caleb turns to me, leaving Clara gaping at mom.
"Yeah, don't worry. You'll get in, I'm captain." I wink, he grins and we do our handshake.
It just existed out of a first and high five.

"Well, I'm going for the choir!" Clara enlightens us.
"Well I'm too." A high pitched voice, that I didn't like at all, says.,
We turn around and acknowledge, daughter of Aphrodite, Harper.

It wasn't her fault she was so annoying. Aphrodite blessed her when she was a baby, making her love pink, clothes, guys and being a b*tch.
She loved to irritate Clara the most, maybe because they were the same age.
But it was irritating.

"That's nice." Clara smiles.
I almost forgot, just like me, we respected everyone either way.

"Oh, my dearest Clara, are you alright? After those two horrible years, I'm very proud of you. But I would've escaped earlier-" Caleb cut her off.
"Know you boundaries, Lamont.I only warn you once, don't make it twice." Caleb warns her, his voice sternly.

Harper giggles it off, but Caleb keeps glaring at her. She sighs and lays her hands on his arm.
"Caleb, sweetheart, don't be do grumpy. Smile and lighten up, you and I are going to rule freshman year." And he got dragged along.

Clara watches them and I laugh, his face was priceless.
I lay my arm around Clara.
"Don't worry, he's a tough guy." I tell her.
She doesn't smile or laugh, my stomach turns.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask softly.
"What if he turns out to be super popular and leaves me for Harper?" Her eyes are big and sad, breaking my heart.
"He won't, we are talking about Caleb. He'll take you anywhere he goes, don't worry. And by the way you'll have me." I promise her, she chuckles.
"Some brothers would tell their siblings to do as if they aren't even siblings. You're an amazing big brother." She tells me, I smile.

I walk her in school, everybody eyeing us. We're kind of used to it. Mom and dad were super famous in New Greece, we've been watched since we were little.
"I'll see you at lunch, alright?" I ask her, she nods.

I watch her walk into the gym, I just hoped she would find her friends.
Two arms fly around my torso and I turn around.
"Betty." I recognize her golden curls immediately.

Elizabeth was royalty and you could see it at her. She always stood straight, was polite and had that undeniable beauty. Her long golden curls reached her low back and the blue of her eyes made me dizzy sometimes.
She had an athletic body due to the bending.

"Hey, Eli, that was so cute with your sister!" She smiles brightly.
Too brightly, she was too perfect...

"Oh, thank you." I slowly remove her hands from my torso.
The school is watching us, thinking we are a couple.
We aren't and never will be.
I love Elizabeth, but as a little sister. She reminds me of Alissa with her curls.
And there's someone else.

Madeline DiAngelo walks through the hallways with her boyfriend Thomas Valdez. They started dating a few months ago.
I couldn't watch them without grabbing my chest. It hurts to see them together.

A few moths ago I was at this party of my cousin Felix Jackson, when we played a game spin the bottle. Well, I spun and it landed on her, it was before she got together with Thomas.
Everybody pushed us to and I had some drinks, so I kissed her. It was weird at first, all new to me. It startled me, a long silence. The only thing I could hear was her heart going ten thousand miles a hour and mine going just as fast. I felt her arm tremble, so I took hold of it.
I couldn't get enough from her, she was like this delicious candy. I had to have more and more, but she pulled away.
I wish she never did.

"Ready for the new school year!" Thomas bro-hugs me.
It feels weird, I don't feel like he's my friend.
He doesn't know anything about my feelings for Madeline, but that wasn't a good reason for me to not hate him.

"Yeah." I reply, my eyes still on Madeline.
"Hey Elijah." She greets.
Thomas gives Elizabeth a hug, so I pull Madeline to me.
Her arm trembles again, it gives me the weirdest pleasure.

She pushes me away softly.
I stare at her for a while.
So gorgeous, a dark beauty. But still magnifying.

Her long brown hair falls long behind her shoulders and her blue, grey eyes stare at me in an unknown emotion.
Her perfect nose leads to her kissable lips and the memory of that night come back to me.

"Folks!" A voice calls.
The four of us turn to see Felix and Jenna, daughter of Taylor and Grayson. They had been together since they were fourteen, they're seventeen now. And they're still madly in love.
Seriously, those two couldn't stay away from each other.

Felix bro-hugs me and Jenna greets the others.
"Fix the face, bro." Felix warns me.
He is the only one who knows about my crush on Madeline, he caught me staring countless times.
"Thanks." I mutter, he pats my back.
We turn to the others, Jenna winks at me.
"Where's Clara?" She asks me.

She and Clara were best friends, since Taylor and my mom were. Age difference didn't matter for those two.
"The assembly." I tell her.
"Ugh, I used to fall asleep in those ones." Thomas laughs.
Madeline smiles and pores him playfully.

Felix lays his arm around my shoulder.
"Is Caleb trying out?" He asks to get my attention on something else.,
"Yeah, but I'll let him in. He's my brother." I tell him.
"But he plays good." We slowly walk to class.
"Yeah." I reply.

Elizabeth links our arms together and grabs my schedule.
"Ooh, we have the same classes." She squeals.
Elizabeth is head counsel of the student council, I was sure she did somethings. Nobody had all the same classes.
That was impossible.

"Great." I fake a smile.
Jenna and Felix chuckle, just laughing at me.
Great friends...

Walking into Greek I sit down with Elizabeth next to me. It was going to be a long year.