Chapter 26 - Prankster Prince

Your scream echoed against the bathroom walls.

Not looking back, you dove into your room, tripping against an ottoman and crashing to the floor. You started to cry, the pain in your leg and the bleeding shower finally breaking you. All your fears hit your ribs, transforming into sobs.

A knock came to your door. "[Y/N]? Are you all right?"

You couldn't tell who it was, and you couldn't find your voice to answer. The door swung open and two hands reached down, grabbing you by the arms.

Jungkook.

"Why are you crying?" he asked. "Don't tell me the shower freaked you out. It was only Kool-aid powder."

You threw his hands off your shoulders and glared at him. "It was you!"

"I didn't think it would scare you that much!"

"Don't. You. Ever. Stop?" you said, slapping him in the arm between each word. "I've had enough of you! Do you want me gone? Is that it? Is all of this your doing?"

He put a hand on your shoulder. "I didn't think --"

He stopped talking when you winced at his hand and pulled away. You lifted up your sleeve to reveal a dark bruise.

"What happened?" he asked.

You pulled down your sleeve and sniffled. "Nothing."

"You don't get a bruise like that from nothing, [Y/N]. What..."

His eyes wandered around your face and to the deep cut you knew was on your neck. You brought your shoulders up to your ears, hoping it would hide whatever he was looking at.

"Tell me what the hell happened to you, [Y/N.]" he said, suddenly serious.

You just kept crying. You couldn't talk even if you wanted to. He wrapped his arms around you, bringing you into his chest. You didn't even have the strength to fight against him. You cried into his shirt.

"How did this happen?" he asked, his fingers pressing into your back and holding you close. "Tell me."

He brought your eyes to meet his. You could see the clench in his jaw.

"I..."

Could you really tell him?

"She was attacked."

You both turned to Yoongi in the doorway. He shoved Jungkook out of the way and crouched in front of you, applying an ice back to your face. You held it, trying not to cry.

"Why are you here anyways?" Yoongi asked Jungkook.

"Attacked?" Jungkook replied, ignoring the question. "By who?"

"Not sure yet. But it's someone in this castle."

Yoongi gave Jungkook a brief account of what you told him.

"And Jin knows about this?" Jungkook asked.

You nodded.

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"Because we --"

You stopped yourself.

His eyes widened. "You thought it was me?"

You sighed. "We didn't know who it was."

Silence floated between the three of you. You couldn't look anyone in the eye; you just stared at the floor, holding the cold pack to your aching face.

"Yoongi," Jungkook said, his tone grave. "Watch [Y/N]. I think it's time my brothers and I had a meeting."