[Chapter 11]: You're right

"Our class trip is coming up next week. I expect you all to fill out the following forms..." Aizawa continued. You were zoning out, thinking about earlier that week when you hugged Katsuki. 

Something had changed. Thinking about the feeling of his breath against the top of your head made your face heat up. Aizawa finished and it was time for lunch. You got up and began gathering your things.

"(Y/N)!" Ochaco jumped on you with a hug. You smiled as she rubbed her face on yours.

"Good morning Ochaco!" You laughed. She grabbed your hands in excitement.

"Want to go shopping on Saturday for the trip?!" She asked excitedly as her eyes sparkled. You frowned a bit.

"Ah, sorry Ochaco... I have to wor-..."

"She'll go with you." You were cut off by Katsuki. Ochaco looked over at him confused. Your eyes widened.

"Slow down you damn hedgehog, she didn't ask you." He clicked his tongue and grabbed your shirt collar, dragging you out of the room.

"Come with me." You growled. You struggled as your feet dragged against the floor.

You're not exactly giving me a choice...

"I CAN WALK ON MY OWN." He let go of you after you got out the door. Straightening your shirt, you looked up at him. Before you got a chance to question him, he blurted out.

"I'm covering your shift for you this Saturday, so go hang out with floaty girl." You stuttered, mouth hanging open. You didn't even know what to say. "It's to repay you for dunce faces phone so don't question it. I just don't want to owe your dumb ass forever."

"Katsuki..." You grinned gently. "You know, once you get past the idiocy you're a really great guy." He glared at you, ready with and insult but stopped suddenly. Your eyes were locked in his, glistening almost. The smile you wore was warm and gentle. He found himself struggling to make out words.

"Katsuki? Katsuki? KATSUKI SNAP THE FUCK OUTTA IT!" He unfroze, rubbing the back of his neck and looking away from you.

"Anyways, tell your boss that someone will be working in your place." He stated.

"I don't know Katsuki... it's an 8-hour shift..."

"What, YOU THINK I CAN'T HANDLE IT OR SOMETHING?!" He growled. You laughed and placed your hand on his head, running your fingers through his hair.

"Thanks Katsuki." You blushed. Looking away, a hint of red crept across his cheeks also. He muttered a response.

"Whatever..."

-Saturday-

"(Y/n)! Let's go to this store next!" Ochaco excitedly pointed her finger at the swimsuit store. You had been at the mall for two hours and had purposefully been trying to avoid that store.

"O-Okay..."

Ochaco was running around, grabbing suits for herself left and right. You followed her around. "(Y/n) are you not gonna try on anything?" You glanced at her but your eyes quickly dropped to the ground.

"I just... Don't like swimming is all..." She peered at you and put her stuff down before pulling you into a hug. You were surprised.

"I saw them." She mumbled in your ear, causing your eyes to widen. "In the changing room before PE. You always change after everyone else, but I was late and walked in on you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you (y/n)... I just didn't want to bring it up if it was a painful memory." Your eyes began to well up with tears and you hugged her back. She was referring the the many scars that littered your body. Pulling away from you, she gently smiled.

"You're beautiful (y/n). I'm not gonna try and force you to do something you're uncomfortable with, but I just want you to know that." You wiped your eyes, smiling lightly.

What did I do to deserve someone like her.

"Thanks Ochaco, I'll remember that. Will you.. help me pick out a swimsuit?" She beamed with joy.

"ABSOLUTELY!"

You both tried on a bunch, pausing to give opinions of the others suit. You eventually settle on one, it was the perfect balance of modest and showy. You both headed to the food court for lunch afterwards. Sitting down, Ochaco and you made small talk about school and your other classmates.

"So, you and Izuku huh?" She blushed furiously, attempting to answer but stuttering.

"WHAT NO NO NO, IT'S NOT LIKE THAT I SWEAR. DEKU AND I ARE JUST REALLY GOOD FRIENDS!" You couldn't help but laugh.

"Your face is betraying you right now Ochaco!" She took a big bite of her food.

"Well what about you and Bakugou?" You stopped. 

What about me and Katsuki?

"You two are together all the time. Even now, he's covering your shift at work so you could come today right?" You looked down, your face becoming flushed suddenly.

"I don't know... He has moments when he is kind, but other times I swear he's the meanest to me." You put your hand under your chin and leaned against the table. "It's confusing." Ochaco sighed.

"I know I don't know him that well, but I think Bakugou is just really bad at expressing feelings other than anger. It's as though it's a trait he's built his life around and he doesn't know how to react with other emotions." You laughed.

"That sounds about right. I wonder though..."

You thought back, to the arcade, the night you studied together. All the days you walked home together and the laughs you shared. How the smallest acts of kindness had begun to make your heart flutter and your face heat up. Your eyes widened and your mouth fell open.

"Oh shit you're right, I do like him."