05; connected

❝  i was dreaming of bigger things and wanna leave my own life behind ❞

  i was dreaming of bigger things and wanna leave my own life behind

[ANSWERS: PART ONE]

~~~

CAUGHT UNAWARES, FOOT still midair from the well-aimed kick, Julia stumbled backwards, only to fall ungracefully into somebody's unmoving body behind her. A hand shot out to steady her but the hunter was not about to be made a fool of twice in one night. She grabbed the arm as it reached for her, twisting it roughly behind the person's back.

As she did so, she smoothly drew her gun from her holster and aimed it steadily at his head, hand unwavering with years of practise as she held it there. "Now you have ten seconds to tell me exactly who you think you are before I—" Julia growled into his ear before the sound of a soft chuckle interrupted her fury.

"You'll what, sugar? Trip over me again?" His shoulders shook with the mocking laughter, making his brown hair sway from behind. She had yet to see his face, but Julia knew exactly who she find should she face him. The hunter narrowed her eyes and pulled his arm further up his back, not trusting herself to speak. "Okay, okay," he fake-winced. "Mind the vessel; precious cargo here."

"You—wait a second, vessel? Who the hell are you? Why have you been in my dreams? How do you know all that about the seals? Why did you give me those visions?" Julia rattled off just a few of the thousands of questions that had been burning inside her; some for as long as she could remember, others only a few hours old, but all feeding her furious fire that raged inside her, clamouring for answers.

"Maybe if you would stop pointing a gun to my head, then we can talk," he grinned coyly. Julia couldn't see his face, but what she could almost see the mocking half-smile that inevitably filled it.

The raven-haired woman narrowed her eyes, grumbling and cursing herself for her rookie mistake (after all, how many creatures did she know that could be taken out with a bog-standard gun?) "Who am I kidding, it probably wouldn't even do you any harm." She stuffed the weapon back out of sight under her slightly creased police uniform and reluctantly released the man's arm.

He spun around the face her, arms out wide and a smug grin on his face. "Ding, ding, we have a winner! But that doesn't mean we can't do it the old-fashioned way. Got any decent bars around here?" Upon seeing her raised eyebrow, he sighed. "Let's grab drink—just you and me. I'd say we have a lot to discuss."

"If you think I'm going to go anywhere with you then you have another thing coming," Julia folded her arms and glared at the cocky man who stood before her with his hands on his hips. "Now talk, before I empty these rounds into that pretty face of yours. Even if it won't kill you, it'll sure as hell make me feel better." Her hand rested comfortably back on the butt of her gun.

"You sure know how to make a guy feel special," he smirked, holding up his hands in mock-surrender. When Julia said nothing, just tightened her grip on her gun, the grin dropped. "Look, they call me Gabriel."

"Right, 'cause you fly around and deliver God's messages about miracle babies, is that it? I asked for the truth, dickwad." She snapped, losing her patience. It was about damn time she got some real answers around here.

Rolling his eyes, the man shifted uncomfortably where he stood. "That's the truth, believe me or don't but it's true. I'm just here to stop my brother starting the apocalypse and if you leave it to those two muttonheads, the Winchesters, then we're gonna have a big problem on our hands. I just sent them another pair of capable hands. It worked, didn't it?"

"Say you are telling the truth, what can I do? I'm retired. You should know. I'm done; I'm out. Can't you just let me have that, after everything?" Her voice rose steadily, cracking the night's peaceful silence and filling it with the pain that accompanied her words.

He dropped his gaze, face filling, for the first time, with remorse. "You and I both know that there is no way out. You were born for this Julia, and it's time to get back in the game." His eyes locked onto hers, holding them steadily in his reassuring gaze.

She pulled away, her hand reaching up to her face where she rubbed it slowly. Cursing herself for her own naivety, for listening to anything that man had to say. She snapped her accusing stare back on the Angel. Jabbing her finger at his chest, she glared at him, "I can't go back, you know why. You were there." She punctuated each word with a jab, voice rising with anger. "You. Were. There."

He reeled backwards as though she had struck him. "Do you have any idea what it's like to have orders, to have a purpose? It was all I'd ever known. That's why we were created—to obey. I had my orders that day, and I've never forgiven myself so that, but I got out, so did you. But that's not how the world works Julia. My father saw to that. There is no way out."

"My whole life I followed orders. From my parents, from my sisters, from any damn hunter they thought would be able to make me more useful. To make me a weapon for their war against the monsters. They were so blinded by revenge; that's all I ever was to them. You're not the only one who's been used," Julia hissed.

She shook her head, mind still spinning. The hole on her chest which she had locked away all those years ago was suddenly ripped open; a chasm of pain which engulfed her, leaving her drowning in its memories, desperately trying to stay afloat. She couldn't think. She had to get away, anywhere away from him. Away from this life.

As though sensing her rising panic and fear, Gabriel grabbed her shoulders gently but firmly, holding her up as she struggled against the tidal wave of regret and sorrow. "We both wanted to escape, but that's not an option anymore. The world is at stake. It needs us. And you don't strike me as the kind of person who would let it suffer."

~~~

well, they have properly met at last! hope you liked their interactions and relationship so far.

also hope you are all enjoying the story, i'm so excited for where it's heading...

gifs still aren't working?? sooo, don't know what's happening there