s i x t e e n

"Actually, it's more like we are looking for a needle in a pile of needles." - Dr. Spencer Reid

Spencer's POV

"Have you seen Tessa?" I ask Morgan, who was currently getting a lap dance from a women I've never seen before.

I straighten the green sweater vest I was currently wearing, which matched pretty well with the dark brown dress pants and tan under-sweater if I do say so myself.

I had slicked back my hair, and when I said slicked just brushed roughly so the heat from the bar wouldn't make the strands of my brown hair fall onto my face.

"No," Morgan slurs, usually it takes a few different drinks to make him drunk, but I guess he doesn't have time for that tonight. "Get it, lover boy!"

The dark women now gets off of Morgan, and gives me a playful wink before heading for the bar. And when I look back for Morgan, he's gone.

I huff out in annoyance, clearly ticked off by everything and anything in this nasty bar.

I push lightly through the crowd of people which seems to only get bigger and bigger by the minute.

I finally spot the girls at the bar. Emily was taking a swig of a dark liquid, while Garcia and JJ seemed to be talking. And that's when my eyes finally laid on her.

Even with the dim lights flickering, I seen Tessa was wearing a baby blue party dress that hugged her curves in every good way, and it matched her tan skin perfectly. She had light make-up on, and her fawn wavy hair looks spectacular.

But she's my co-worker.

After snapping out of zoning out, I realized the girls now saw me, and were calling me over.

This is it, this is my chance to apologize to Tessa so she'll forgive me. Even though Tessa asked me to give her space, I don't think I can.

JJ turns to Tessa, and say something that I didn't hear, but I seen her mouth move. Tessa swallowed hard, and nods.

I had now just realized that my long, lean legs were moving towards the girls, and anxiety rumbled in my stomach.

"Hey, look who showed up!" Emily praises, raising her hands and clapping them in excitement.

I smile, genuinely, which I haven't since the whole Tessa situation.

"Hi," I grin happily. "How're you guys?"

Emily takes another gulp of her drink, and Garcia has a broad smile on her face, probably already drunk. JJ was talking about a TV show with Tessa, one I've never heard of.

"Good as we can be," Emily laughs. "You want a drink?"

"No, thank you," I wave off, running a hand through my now puffy hair. So much for trying to keep it out of my face.

"C'mon Reid! Live a little!" Garcia slaps the back of my right shoulder, something Morgan does often.

"I do live, I am breathing now, right?" I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

That's when I hear a chuckle come from JJ and Tessa's direction, but when my eyes laid on JJ with a straight face on and Tessa had a nice smile on, my breathe hitches.

"That was funny," Tessa slurs, she is drunk? "Ha ha ha."

Tessa asks the bartender for another 'whatever drink she had' if I would quote her, and took the cup as soon as the bartender poured the liquid.

"She's kind of drunk," JJ whispers beside, a hint of anxiety in her voice.

"I can tell," I reply, quiet enough for only JJ to hear. "Should I do something?"

"I think you've done enough," JJ says with a tiny bit of venom, which stings a little.

She turns back to Tessa, and puts a hand on her shoulder. Tessa puts down the drink, and follows JJ to the bathroom I believe. I find Garcia gone when I look back to where he rest of the girls were. Emily was alone, still taking small sips of her drink.

"You really like her, don't you?" Emily asks, an expression I can't read all that well, even with my inner profiler.

"Is it obvious?"

a/n: random post bcuz i feel like it plus this was a v short chapter (: