Chapter 22

"Eli, huh?" I asked the guy I once called mystery man. My gazed stayed on him as I took my step back."Hmm." He hummed, keeping me within his sight. "So...how's the weather?" Another step back. The scar from left eye twitched as he notched up his eyebrow. "Just a little advice, head that way." I stopped my movements and looked confused. A long finger pointed to the right of me, "Your house is that way." My eye grew in shock at his statement. How does know that? I then did the only thing  logical. I ran.

My legs carried me fast into the opposite direction of what Eli told me. I wasn't going to head into the direction a random stranger said to go, who is also in the woods, at night. Yeah, so not happening. I was only running for a few seconds before I ran into something hard.

Seriously!

My grey eyes looked up to see the guy who had a staring problem at the shop that I applied for. He grinned cheekily at me, "Hi." I narrowed my eyes at him and stood up slowly. "Bye." I tried to take off again but cheeky boy stopped me. "Let go." He shook his head causing his shaggy hair to sway. "Did you fix your problem by the way?" His smile faltered a bit and asked what problem. I smirked at him. "Your staring one." Cheeky looked gobsmacked at what I said. "I do not have a staring problem!" He exclaimed.

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Do."

"Don't."

"Do!"

"Don't!"

This went on for awhile neither of us noticing that Eli was standing there watching us, his face cold but his eyes glowing with amusement.

"I don't!" Cheeky screeched. I couldn't help but laugh at his yell and how high it went. I'm surprised it didn't crack.
He huffed at my laugh and pretended he didn't even hear it. "So, your her?" Now it was my turn to be confused. "Her who?" Cheeky opened his mouth to reply but Eli beat him to it with a commanding tone. "Oliver. Take her home." All the playfulness and amusement left both of the males faces, a tense and serious mood filled the air. I could briefly see fear in the green eyes of Eli when a long, chilling howl echoed through the trees. I shivered at the cold and emptiness in the sound.

Oliver took one look at Eli's expression and instantly agreed. A nod from Oliver had Eli running away, but not before he gave me one last look. "Be safe, Laura." And then he was gone.

Oliver's bony hand grabbed a hold of my wrist and started speed walking to the right, and just as Eli said, I was standing in my backyard.

"Go inside and don't come out. Its not safe." The question left my lips before I could even process what I was thinking. "Safe? Why isn't it safe?" He thought for a moment, and just said, "It is dangerous. That's why." I huffed, not pleased with him not answering my question. I spun on my foot and stomped into my home while slamming the door shut. "Grumpy?" Silence answered my call. I checked everywhere for him but he was gone. Fear and worry filled up my body quickly, the mere thought of grumpy gone scared me.

That night I layed on the couch alone, without the wolf who has become apart of my life and gave me a safe feeling.

But my already growing feelings multiplied in the morning when grumpy was still missing.