day 40

day 40
07:33

jaejoon was bent down, tucking pastries into their respected slots within the glass encasing when seokjin skipped up behind in.

"jaejoonie," jin placed his hands on the younger's shoulders and he jumped up and down behind him. "jaeeejoonieee," jin sang once again, dragging out syllables of the baker's name and swaying them side to side.

"jin, it's seven in the damn morning, why are you so happy?" jaejoon shrugged off his friend's hands. standing up, he readjusted his shirt that had been ruffled from jin's grip and turned to face the older male.

"you see, jaejoon my lovely, lovely son," jin pulled the boy close to him. jaejoon's head fell roughly against jin's broad chest, his right cheek pressing harshly against the material of the older's apron. "that is a really good question. for what should have me ever so blissful at such an hour?"

not feeling like putting up with seokjin's shit at the moment, jaejoon sighed, detaching himself from seokjin's herculean grip, and walked back into the kitchen. jin followed quick on his heels, a bounce still in his step.

"do you notice anything particularly different about me on this fine monday morning?" jin set his elbows on the large island and leaned forward, shimmying his shoulders.

the necklace around jin's neck caught the lighting in the room, getting jaejoon's brief attention. he ignored it and yawned, wanting to annoy jin a bit.

"different?" he pursed his lips to the side in mock thought. "well, you smell like you showered this morning. good job." watching how jin's face shifted from expecting to pissed in only a matter of seconds, jaejoon darted around the island when jin lunged for him.

"i'm going to rearrange your organs you cum filled sock!" jin threatened as he chased jaejoon about the kitchen.

obnoxious laughter coming from both employees filled the spacious room as they ran and dodged random objects.

It was the middle of the day and jin was bored out of his mind. a few couples had come into the shop, acting all lovey-dovey with their linked arms, batting eye lashes, and blushing.

"hi," a girl drawled out to him with a boy on her arm. he stared at her with such adoration jin wanted to slam his head into the cash register.

"hello, what can i get for you two?" he mustered up the most polite tone he could force and have a thin lipped smile.

"baby, what do you want?" the shorter girl asked. she gazes upwards at her boyfriend with a dazzling smile. "a caramel macchiato." he hadn't taken his eyes off of her.

at this point, they were jut staring at one another.

jin made an ugly face and silently mimicked the boy's answer while punching it into the tablet screen. "and you miss?" he practically sneered, his fed up stare boring into the couple who had hearts floating around them like flies.

taehyung, who was at jin's side taking care of another ordering customer, was hopelessly giggling at the situation.

"i'll have what he's having." she sighed lovingly. jin puked in his mouth. "alright," bored, recited their bill. "it'll be ready soon." he waved at hoseok to begin making their drinks.

the couple stepped away, and jin closed his eyes with a grateful exhale.

"welcome, what can i get for you today?" he asked the next customer in line, not yet looking up from the tablet as he concluded the couple's order to begin a new one.

"a strawberry shortcake, please."

"namjoon!" jin shouted, gaining the attention of a few patrons.

"way to go," hoseok whispered, passing the older to make the couple their drinks.

"what are you doing here?" jin's heart began to beat abnormally fast at the sight of his boyfriend. just the thought of that word alone set his nerves on fire and made his skin buzz. 

confusion crossed namjoon's features as he frowned somewhat, "i-i wanted cake...?" his eyes darted to taehyung at the other register.

"oh," jin gave a quiet, awkward laugh, "is that all?" his hand grazed his neck, his fingers running over the cool diamond decorated choker necklace.

namjoon bent his head and chortled. when he looked back up, a dimpled smile greeted jin who smiled in return. their eyes were both bright and a lighthearted air surrounded them.

"that's all," namjoon said, "but text me on your lunch break so we can eat together."

"i hope you mean actual food and not his ass," taehyung quipped, ducking away from the two boys before they could retaliate.

"i wouldn't mind either!" namjoon called back to the younger, laughing as taehyung stumbled over the leg of a table from his words.

jin almost fainted.

"i'm being completely honest when i say that," the grape focused back on his pretty boyfriend. "either sounds good to me."

____

(:

i didnt read this over. you all should expect my mistakes at this point.