The Turning Point

A/N: The scene in italics is a flashback to the previous day. Enjoy ;)

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You were moving mechanically around the kitchen. It was reminiscent of how you had acted three days ago, except this time, you weren't on autopilot due to being upset and hurt by Negan's cruel words. No, now you were on autopilot, because the majority of your brain functioning was focused on trying to process the information Trixie had told you yesterday.

Thinking back to that moment in the bathroom, you still couldn't believe the words that had come out of her mouth...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Trixie had leaned in close to you, her voice low, as she whispered, "He stopped sleeping with Amber, and the rest of his wives, weeks ago."

Quickly pulling your head back, you stared intently at her, to see if she was lying. Her face was completely serious, and while you were trying to keep a neutral expression at the information, you were probably failing.

"What do you mean, he stopped sleeping with them?" you asked, your words coming out a bit hoarser than you wanted.

"Well," she said, voice still low, "from what Amber told me, Negan has seemed a bit...preoccupied, starting maybe about a month ago. I don't know how many explicit details you want, but basically, he didn't seem overly engaged in sex. She said that he went through the motions fine, but then left more abruptly than before, and didn't seem as into it. But, Amber just figured he was dealing with a lot, in regards to the other communities, and would come back around, once he got everything figured out."

You stood there, staring at Trixie while she talked, head buzzing and fingertips tingling as you tried to comprehend what she was saying. She seemed unaware of what a huge bomb she had just dropped on you, and you were grateful that she continued to talk, without being prodded, because you were currently unable to form words.

"I've been talking to Amber here and there, since I first arrived, but it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that she really started hammering me about being one of Negan's wives. She came to me, I think it was the day before I talked to you in the showers, and told me that Negan had turned her down for sex, which he had never done before, and she wanted to know why. She asked if I had heard or seen anything out of the ordinary, since I overhear a lot from people while serving dinner, and I mentioned that the only thing strange was Negan sending for you to bring him dinner a couple of times. That's when she asked me to interrogate you. Well...more like she commanded me to. She threatened to make my life a living hell here, if I said a word to anyone about it. So, of course, I tried to talk to you, but you wouldn't budge, no matter how much I taunted. And I tried to watch you and Negan together as best I could, when he visited the kitchens, but I didn't have any concrete evidence for her, other than the fact that you two have some obvious chemistry, and Negan obviously wants to fuck you way more than he wants to fuck Amber. It's written all over his face anytime he's near you."

You still didn't say anything, but that was fine, because Trixie still had some more intel to impart, and continued.

"Since he stopped sleeping with her, she's gotten more and more fixated on finding out what's going on, as well as pushing me to get Negan's attention, and see if he'll make me a wife. I guess Amber got most of Negan's attention, in the past, and so she hasn't taken kindly to being ignored by him the past couple of weeks. The other wives don't seem to mind too much, according to Amber, since him not sleeping with them anymore hasn't affected any of their privileges here. I don't know if that's true, or if any of them are actually bothered by it, but I think it's safe to say that none of them care nearly as much as Amber does."