Confusion and Connections

"Hey Tim!" He greeted the boy, "What brings you the bright and cheery place of the Batcave?" He gestured to the dark, somber looking cave around him.

Tim gave him a grin as he lowered the cowl on his Red Robin uniform. "Here on business. There is this villain in Jump who has ties to Gotham. Mind if I check it out?" Tim asked, even though he knew he would be allowed to.

"I don't mind at all." He then donned a mischievous grin, "Do you want to say hi to Stephanie first? She's upstairs with Barbara."

"Dick, we broke up two years ago. We are just friends." Tim reminded him.

His teasing attitude was not deterred, however, "And there is no problem saying hi to friends. You can say hi to Barbara too. And Damian."

"I need coffee or sleep. Or both. I do not need to talk about my relationship - or lack of - with Stephanie or talk to the Demon child." Tim groaned.

He let out a laugh, "Okay. Then let's say hi to Barbara then get you that coffee. I know you well enough to know you will not go to sleep tonight." Without waiting for a reply, he swiftly exited the room, heading to the house above them.

"You said Stephanie's with Barbara!" Tim called, his voice echoing throughout the cave.

"Exactly!"

He opened his eyes and blinked, disoriented. He finally squeezed them shut, clenching the covers of his bed tightly.

Every single time he woke up, he was confused. He always expected to be in Wayne Manor, with the sounds of Barbara clicking away on her laptop and the smell of freshly roasted coffee in the air. She always got up earlier than him.

He groaned once more as he attempted (and failed) to change his train of thought before he hesitantly got out of bed, trying not to look at his room too much.

He was still staying at the Cave overnight, but he knew that he would have to go back to school soon. The excuse of being sick only lasted so long without raising suspicions.

He was fine to continue his schooling, even though he technically already got a degree (he did an online college, because he was too busy with everything else).

The problem was Barbara.

"Morning Babs." He greeted as he entered the kitchen and landed a quick peck on the girl's cheek.

"Morning Dick." She replied, briefly taking her eyes off of the laptop in front of her. "Late night?" She guessed. "I mean you're up later than usual."

"Yeah, and I have to head over to the office in an hour." He sighed. The rich-boy personality had been getting harder to put up lately, but it had to be done. "Besides, not everyone can get up at an unholy hour like you. The rest of us have to sleep more."

"I'm jealous," Barbara said sarcastically, a grin on her face as he poured his cereal. "Coffee is in the pot." She called.

"You, Barbara Gordon, are a goddess." He called back.

"You'd say that to anyone who made you coffee." She accused playfully, and he shrugged, flashing her a grin. "Also, Jason called. Apparently the League wants you, him, Donna and Raquel to go on a mission tonight. Think you can handle it?" She teased.

"Well I can't deny Jay the pleasure of my company." He said happily, pouring his coffee into a dark blue mug.

"Tell them I'm game."