08

CHAPTER EIGHT

STAYING optimistic and pushing through the challenges was difficult.

it was extremely hard at the start- getting informed that jisoo had to be in an induced coma, that it was the only way for her body to heal itself and save her life. jennie wanted to be out there, find the person who did that to her girlfriend. she knew jisoo wouldn't want her doing that, though. so, as each day dragged on, jennie stayed positive. well, at least, she tried her best.

sometimes she didn't know if she was a fool to think things would change.

but the thought of never returning to jisoo's side, hurt her so easily.

eyes soaked up her surroundings, everything the same. so painfully the same. the heart monitor's beeping never jumped out of rhythm, cords and gods knows what else that were connected to jisoo remained motionless; much like the girl, the stunningly beautiful girl, who could draw crowds with her angelic laugh, her bright smile. she could change the atmosphere simply with her presence, cause the people around her to feel like they that had a place in the huge, terrifying world.

or, perhaps, that was how she made jennie feel. maybe, only she could notice the smallest gestures, tiniest pieces of motivation from jisoo, which made her believe in her own self.

she realized she needed jisoo, a long time ago, even as selfish as that sounded. but being alone, without her, felt like it was killing her slowly.

"story time," jennie finally broke the silence.

she hummed, fingers wrapped around jisoo's hand as she looked above her.

if she tried hard enough, her girlfriend laced their fingers together, gaze focused only on her as she talked away.

"it's about..." jennie looked down at the girl, "us," she smiled. "the story is about our future. how when you wake up, we're going to travel the world, and eat all the chocolate cake we want for breakfast."

wake up, her mind yelled.

she pushed those words to the back of her head, blinking her eyes, trying to rid the tears that built up.

voice weak, she said, "how we'll buy our own house. a garden of tulips out the front, just for you."

letting out a shaky breath, jennie knew she needed to stop talking or otherwise she would eventually breakdown. she didn't want to do that, especially when she spent too much time putting her mask together, building up protective walls around herself. the girl felt jisoo's skin underneath her fingertips, even if she was cold, pale, she was still there. right with her. clearing her throat, jennie decided to continue speaking.

jennie told jisoo she couldn't wait to spend the rest of her life with her.