Chapter 4: Silent Night

Author's Note:

Hey, guys! So this is after the minor accident. Thank you for worrying, guys! I'm okay. No fractured ribs. No broken bones. I can still write, so no ghost writer. So much for trying to be one of the Avengers. But since I'm still alive, maybe I actually am one!

And yeah, the soundtracks are back! I'm receiving good feedbacks on the MHSG Soundtracks so I decided to continue sharing it on SWAG. So for this chapter, it will be 'Eyes on Fire' of Blue Foundation. It was one of Twilight's soundtrack and I found it really captivating and dark... which suits our beloved reapers.

So there you go! I'll try to give up sleeping one time to write more! Because really, I'm so busy. It's my 4th week of doing overtimes busy and—okay, I'll shut up now. :)

+Siel Alstreim+

**********

Chapter Four: Silent Night

"You didn't have to do that. She's not one of us," madiin kong sabi habang nagmamaneho. Forest just rolled her eyes and flipped her red hair at me at saka lumingon sa natutulog na babae sa back seat.

"Exactly. She's not one of us, which was why I did it." Inulit lang niya ang sinabi ko. Parehong magkaiba ang nais naming iparating sa isa't isa.

"You know what I mean. She's not as physically tough as you or me." Mukhang wala rin namang patutunguhan ang pagtatalo namin. Forest was one of the hardest headed people in the planet.

"And that's because she's not one of us. Why are you protecting her anyway? I'd rather protect wild life from uncultured people than protect an outsider." Pinili kong hindi na lang sumagot. I was not protecting her. I was sure she could handle herself just fine. But I had seen hope from her and I would never let anyone vanquish that hope just because of a Reaper's bloodlust.

Itinuon ko na lang ang atensyon sa pagmamaneho. Hindi ko alam kung hihilingin kong maging maayos na ang kalagayan ni Giovanni Freniere. I didn't want Tres burning down the hospital to the ground after the recovery of his brother.

"I saw you at the hospital's coffee shop," bigla ay banggit ni Forest. Hindi ko siya nilingon. Walang dapat pag-usapan tungkol sa coffee shop. Mas binilisan ko pa ang pagpapatakbo ng sasakyan. Mukhang sa mga oras na ito ay pag-aari ko ang kalsada.

"You were with our psycho boss," she pushed. Patuloy ko siyang hindi pinansin, hinihiling na sana'y baguhin na niya ang kaniyang paksa.

"You were French-kissing with him." Okay. That statement was just too much to ignore. I gave her a serious and deadly look. "Now, I have your attention. Why were you with him?" Tila walang anumang tanong niya.

"The same reason why we are in the car right now," sagot ko. And of course, that answer would never be enough for her.

"Malaki ang pagkakaiba ng reaksyon mo noong magkaharap kayo at sa naging pinta ng mukha mo noong talikuran mo siya. I'm sure that conversation wasn't just about driving this girl home."