Horny Creeps

Chapter Ten - Horny Creeps

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and sat up on the bed. Covering my eyes from the bright sunlight, I walked towards the bathroom to freshen up.

Upon looking in the mirror, I realized that I had forgotten to remove yesterday's makeup and now my skin looked a canvas painted upon by a beginner.

Sighing, I removed the makeup and took a shower. After brushing my teeth, I wrapped a towel around me and walked out of the bathroom. Opening my suitcase, I picked out a red tank top and short denim shorts. After getting dressed, I pulled on my favourite flips flops and walked up to the dresser. I'm so glad I brought these clothes with me.

I started brushing my wavy hair and left them untied, falling above my shoulders. Finally, after applying mascara, I left my room.

To my surprise, Alec was sitting at the kitchen island, sipping his coffee. He was in his busniess attire.

Confused, I walked towards the island. His eyes met my body and lingered near my legs for a while before he looked up.

"You're working today?" I asked as I sat opposite to him.

"Ofcourse I am,"

"It's Sunday," I deadpanned.

He raised a brow while taking a sip. "So what?"

I blinked at him and looked over at the food he had ordered. I picked up two plates and put some bacon and pancakes in each of them and sliding one plate over to him, I took the second one and started eating.

"You know," I shrugged. "People relax on Sundays but that's for normal people," I bit back a laugh as he narrowed his eyes at me. "While you, Alec Sinclair, are not normal at all,"

He rolled his eyes and started eating.

"Seriously? I married a workaholic," I groaned.

"Trust me Scarlet. It's better than marrying an idiot," He cut a glance at me. Was he calling me an idiot?

"Yeah. I was the idiot who wanted to get married in the first place," My voice was dripping with sarcasm.

He shrugged and kept eating.

"So...what exactly are you gonna do today?" I asked.

"I have a meeting with a few clients,"

"Just one meeting?"

He nodded.

"How long is it going to be?"

"One hour and it may stretch up to two. Why?"

"I was thinking about coming with you. If you let me ofcourse. You see...I've got nothing to do here. I would have gone to a club but it's eight in the morning and that's kind of an unusual time for clubbing," I spoke and he seemed to be thinking about it.

"But what are you gonna do there?"

"I'll just linger around somewhere in the building,"

"Okay. But don't disturb me while I'm in the meeting,"

I rolled my eyes. "What do you expect? Me barging inside the conference room demanding a candy?"

His eyes shone with amusment for a moment and my heart skipped a beat as I offered him a smile but he didn't return it and just simply nodded at me. "Okay then. Go and get ready,"

"I am ready," I announced as I got up from my seat and shoved my phone in my pocket.

He raised a brow at me. "Is that what you're going to wear?"