three

lea | unknown

lea | unknown

LEA'S EYES blink at the sight of a black hair walking towards her. She feels her heart stammer against her chest as the smile on Bash's face grows wider.

"Lea, right?" He asks with a hint of desperation on his face. A white crisp shirt hugs his chest and Lea couldn't help but realize that he looks beautiful, his body slender and his eyes dark like the night sky.

"Yeah," she replies, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

After a moment of thought, he says, "I was waiting for you to give me a call." He rubs the back of his neck as though he were nervous.

Lea takes in a deep breath and exhales, pushing her theories that he purposely gave her the wrong number. A smile grows on her face. "Okay, this is embarrassing," she grins sheepishly. "You kinda gave me the wrong number."

A hint of color develops on his cheeks and the lopsided grin on his face fades away. "Shit," he mutters against his breath. "I'm sorry. This is embarrassing."

Lea opens her mouth to respond but immediately shuts it close as she watches him write down his number in another paper. "Here you go," he hands it over to her and walks away from her without bidding her a proper goodbye.

She convinces herself that it was because he was a shy person. She shakes herself from her thoughts and smiles at the number in the paper. She hopes it is the correct number this time.

•••

i want to feel your skin on my skin.

Lea's voice reverberates through the walls as she chases Leighton across the room. "You did not just type that," Lea screams.

"He must have been embarrassed. You need to make sure that you guys were still cool," Leighton attempts to state her reason, her lips stretched into a sly grin.

"That's not an excuse, Leigh. You just embarrassed me!"

Before Leighton could open her mouth to talk, Lea's phone buzzes. Immediately, she grabs it from Leighton and runs towards their room, hoping she wouldn't catch her. "You'll thank me one day," Leighton screams enthusiastically with her hands in the air.

okay, now i'm kinda rethinking if this is a dare.

Lea would be lying if she said she didn't expect a flirty reply text from Bash. Her eyes squeeze while reading the text and she realizes she didn't take Bash for a sensitive person.

it's me, lea.

yeah, i know who you are.

Her hands slap her forehead as realization struck her.

okay, now this is really embarrassing.

he gave you the wrong number again, didn't he?

Her fingers shiver nervously as she starts to type but the inside of her chest hurts as she wonders if Bash was really playing a game with her. But, he couldn't have given the same number twice if he were playing.

would you know anyone named bash?

not to be rude, but what kind of a name is that?

okay, so you don't.

yes, i don't.

i'm sorry.

the apologies again.

i guess i feel embarrassed.

you should be.

She shuts her phone and mentally scolds Bash and the unknown stranger behind the texts. She opens the door to let Leighton in when she hears her phone buzz.

guys do that, you know.

guys are assholes.

keep in mind i'm a guy, as we once discussed.

why are you even talking to me? i don't even know you.

i recall it was you who started this conversation.

i know. i'm sorry. i'll try not to bother you again.

are you canadian? because you apologize too much.

that's the worst pick-up line I've ever heard.

that wasn't a pick-up line. but, you're really funny, haha.

seriously, though. why are we still talking?

i guess i'm trying to make you feel better.

i already feel better. thanks to you, mr. makes-strangers-feel-better.

okay, things aside. tell me about you.

stalker.

uh, hello?

how do i know that this is not some part of a weird dare between bash and you?

trust me, i wouldn't know someone named bash.

you really hate that name.

you read my mind.

is this connor?

god, lea. you really got the wrong number.

then why would he give me your number?

maybe it was some kind of a sick dare? i just told you guys do that.

doesn't make it any better. you're a guy.

if you don't trust me, then why talk to me?

i wish i had an answer to that.

be a strong woman. go kick him in the balls and ask him why he played this sick trick on you.

i'd rather not.

lea, you're a shy person.

and, stupid for texting a complete stranger.

i guess we're really not strangers anymore.

i don't even know your name.

it's alec hawthorne.

well hello, alec hawthorne.

and, so it begins.